App Review CLOSED - Challenge VoodooShield (and Win a lifetime License!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 178
  • Start date
It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Are you interested by this challenge and VoodooShield?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
I tried activating malware in SBIE doesn't really like to run and an AVs and probably VSs results would get messed up too. :)

Sandboxie is not a good malware testing tool; some malwares are aware of it and will shutdown by themselves.

I was going to use Shadow Defender for my attempt to do this challenge.

best 2nd choice if you don't have a VM.

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
VS put in quarantine if 5 or more engine detected (in free version) but if you have PRO version you can change that.

Clipboard01.png

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
VS put in quarantine if 5 or more engine detected (in free version) but if you have PRO version you can change that.

View attachment 108540
I set mine a 3 Gurus instead of 5.
5 is a little high for my taste, I know it's set there to lessen FP's
but I rather have a few more FP's lol

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
So is there anyway I can make Voodoosheild delete detected files? It would be really helpful as that way since I cannot use the efficacy test
VS Dev Reply -
"I have no idea why EfficacyTest.exe is not working for that one dude... maybe because the malware is in subfolders or something (I did not take the time to do all of the error handling in that app)".
"The following batch file will do essentially the same thing, but I do not think it will pause between executions, so if he can get the EfficacyTest.exe to work, it would probably be better. He can send me a screenshot of it not working, and I bet it is a super easy fix... or just something simple that he can change real quick. Thank you!".
"if he uses that .bat file... it will only run the files in the C:\Malware directory, but he can edit it however he would like".
http://www.voodooshield.com/artwork/RunAll.bat

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.