App Review CLOSED - Challenge VoodooShield (and Win a lifetime License!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 178
  • Start date
It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Are you interested by this challenge and VoodooShield?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I made a working bat file but it still takes a long time. Voodosheild isn't uploading half the samples that it needs to and I don't want to give it a bad score it doesn't deserve if there is currently server issues for it.
I dont think there is server issues for VS.

I think there is some kind of limit on the number of samples at once to query or upload by VT i.e at once many samples cannot be queried or uploaded to VT or something like that. And so at once many samples overwhelms Blacklist Scan.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I made a working bat file but it still takes a long time. Voodosheild isn't uploading half the samples that it needs to and I don't want to give it a bad score it doesn't deserve if there is currently server issues for it.
The Blacklist scan(VT) uses the free api because of the latest changes in VT policy. This means they have to follow the limits(4 request/minute).

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
The Blacklist scan(VT) uses the free api because of the latest changes in VT policy. This means they have to follow the limits(4 request/minute).
2. The malware sample set size needs to be between 500-1000 samples.

Then testing takes not less then 2 hrs for 500 and 4 hrs for 1000 samples?

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Shouldn't AutoPilot know what to allow and what to block?
No. If the setting to allow by parent process it's on it checks the first file(parent) which is this case it's the efficiency test. When that it's checked and allowed everything it launches are whitelisted automatically.
It's in the instructions @Umbra made at the first post.

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Video is made for info only and it's not public.
I post video link here and to VS developer in private mail.
If it looks bad and should removed it, I will.

BTW: i just tested with right settings and VS did good :).
Clipboard03.png

Couple of time got message "The Cloud Based Scanner is Busy" but it's still blocking.

Clipboard02.png

Last edited:

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
Yeah you made a mistake. You can't test with efficiency test and allow by parent on because then you allow it and automatically everything it launches it's allowed.

BTW: i just tested with right settings and VS did good :).

Really thank you! Now I feel better!

@Av Gurus, did it really takes 1 min per 4 files to test it with VT? For 50 files it must take 12.5 min?

Last edited:

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
Where did you get that number?
50 files is done in maybe 2min.
If you wish I can measure?
It was in @SHvFl post:

We are both in feline kinship so I trust him.

No need to measure actually I believe that even an approximate number of 2 min is considerably less then 12.5 min anyway.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
It was in @SHvFl post:

We are both in feline kinship so I trust him.

No need to measure actually I believe that even an approximate number of 2 min is considerably less then 12.5 min anyway.
It will continue to launch files and test only with VAi. It will not pause testing because you passed the 4 files per minute. The test though will just be weird because some files will be checked by VT+VAi and some others with only VAi.

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
It will continue to launch files and test only with VAi. It will not pause testing because you passed the 4 files per minute. The test though will just be weird because some files will be checked by VT+VAi and some others with only VAi.
Thanks a lot!

So as @Av Gurus wrote it took about 2 min to test 50 files. It means only about 8 files or even less were checked by VT. Anyway VS gave 100% protection - mostly from VAi. Good result!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.