Chandrakant configuration

chandrakant

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 8, 2014
Hello guys,
Currently i am trying windows 8.1 & so far i didn't like it.
Will try for 2 more months then either i will buy win 8.1 pro or revert back to windows 7 ultimate.
About Security KIS 2014 is best. Its fast & i like everything about it.

Can you guys tell me how to scan pc during boot up???
I tried using kaspersky rescue disk but it didn't boot up {Ya i enabled usb to boot first}.

Any suggestions for making my system safe & fast are welcome.
Thank you.

Reactions: Exterminator

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
You should buy Kaspersky its good, ESET is good too.... Why do you not like windows 8.1? If the start menu is why you dont like it then get a start menu like "Start8"

UsMiefL.png

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
It takes some time to get used to windows 8.1 .
windows 8.1 performance is very good. One thing you hsould do is keep driver updated and use latest software, or else you will be see hangs and bluescreen shutdown.

D

Deleted member 178

Windows 8 is far better than Win7 about performance & security

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Is the reason that you don't care for Windows 8 the disgusting and useless Metro Interface (not that I'm trying to lead you, of course)? If so, StartisBack rocks it.

chandrakant

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 8, 2014
Main reason is that my games don't work smoothly in windows 8 & always require some kind of dll to be installed which is kind of problematic. I didn't face such problems in windows 7.
@Fantasy - Will buy KIS 2014 once trail is finished.
@cruelsister - Metro interface is not a big problem but i do miss old start menu :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.