Battle Cheap Phone with Android 7 / 8 / 8.1 and above 16GB Space?

slash/

Level 6
Verified
Jun 24, 2018
The Verge does some pretty good product articles, despite their Apple fanboy-ism.

The best cheap phone you can buy in 2018

THE BEST BUDGET PHONE RIGHT NOW: MOTOROLA MOTO G6 - 8/10 - $250
IF YOU WANT TO SPEND UNDER $200: LG K30 - 6.5/10 - $180
OTHER OPTIONS: MOTOROLA MOTO G6 PLAY - 7.5/10, MOTOROLA MOTO G6 PLUS - 7.5/10, NOKIA 6.1 - 7/10, MOTOROLA MOTO E5 PLUS - 7/10

The problem is, your profile says you're from Germany, so these US-based articles may vary from your selection and prices.

I dont have so much Money xD
Is there a mobile Phone with Android 7 and above and 16GB Space & Fingerprint Lock for 90-120€ ?

The ones offered by the local mobile carrier(s) in your area will be the best bet. Ask the mobile sales rep what they think is\are the best phones they have available in your price range. Then research the phone model before buying to make an informed choice.

You will not get a powerful phone in that price range that will enable you to do CPU\memory-intensive stuff - such as play cutting-edge games. The best that you can do is to find reliable phone - one that turns on, gets text messages, and you can make phone calls reliably.

In that price range you are not going to get a better phone from Amazon than you would via your local carrier... unless you purchased a used, or possibly, a refurbished phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RoboMan

Question

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2018
The ones offered by the local mobile carrier(s) in your area will be the best bet.

You will not get a powerful phone in that price range that will enable you to do CPU\memory-intensive stuff - such as play cutting-edge games. The best that you can do is to find reliable phone - one that turns on, gets text messages, and you can make phone calls reliably.
I just want to watch YouTube in 1080p. Play Clash Of Clans. And writing on Instagram/SnapChat/WhatsApp and browsing Stuff on the Internet

slash/

Level 6
Verified
Jun 24, 2018
They have better specs than the G5. The specs on the Cubot are better. But based on your requirements of Android 7.0+ and fingerprint reader, your links are a better fit.

Question

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2018
Specs look good, but can't say I've heard of the brand before.
I just looked on a Review from ChinaHandys.net : Umidigi A1 Pro Testbericht - Ein kleiner, treuer Begleiter zum Kampfpreis (Its German)
He says the Phone is for this Price good. The Camera is OK. He says 16GB are to little but 16GB is OK for me, I have 8GB xD.
The Phone has USB C. (Very Nice Feature) Fingerprint , Face ID, Android 8.0.1 without Malware but with DuraSpeed [You just can uninstall it]
That was it xD

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I wold have a look at Xiaomi phones. Excellent quality and cheap, because they make no more than 5% profit. They are also very well supported in terms of updates. You may not get updates to new versions of Android, but you will get regular OTA updates for bug fixes, improvements and even new versions of MIUI, their customised version of Android.

slash/

Level 6
Verified
Jun 24, 2018
I wold have a look at Xiaomi phones. Excellent quality and cheap, because they make no more than 5% profit. They are also very well supported in terms of updates. You may not get updates to new versions of Android, but you will get regular OTA updates for bug fixes, improvements and even new versions of MIUI, their customised version of Android.
This is a good suggestion.
https://www.amazon.de/Xiaomi-Smartphone-Display-Android-Schwarz/dp/B079KGWRMZ/

@Question Not much more expensive than what you've chosen, they are a well-known brand, and the specs match what you're looking for.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.