China Launching Hack Proof Quantum Communications Network In 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sinu

Thread author
After whistleblower Edward Snowden’s revelations, the entire world was aware of America’s sinister plans to target “network backbones” worldwide. China as its counter is now a step closer to design and use the world’s most secure encryption technology for communication.

The “network backbones” are the net grids where a huge amount of data is transferred and if under attack, could pose a serious threat to any nation. China has claimed of putting to use a new “unhackable” quantum network that will stretch from Beijing to Shanghai by 2016.

Although the quantum communication technology was first proposed by IBM scientists in the 1980s, the technical limitations like maintaining the qubits’ ever-changing quantum state such as their spin over large distances, rendered the idea to a slumber.

There had been a recent surge in developing Quantum computers but in the wake of the cyber intrusions, China will become the first country to use the encrypted quantum communication network on such a large scale. Reports suggest that by 2030, Chinese super secure network will extend across the globe.

So basically, the new hack-proof quantum communication network will be the bigger and badder version of Enigma.

What do you think of the Chinese developments? Tell us in comments below.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Enigma sure was the master of encryption in it's day. ;)

A new modern version would be great i think. :)

Reactions: Sr. Normal

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
Chinese are getting EXTRA aggressive again. Hacking NASA and the Defense Dept., getting information for the latest F-35 wannabe or something or everything! Darn it. No originality! But what is alarming me the way they do it and then try to perfect it to suit there needs and surpass the original. Getting better...tsk..I'd wish we can break that network! I saw this last week and it did disturb me :(
US F-35 warplanes outgunned in dogfights with Russian, Chinese jets | Veterans Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.