Chinese Antivirus: the plague of today

Status
Not open for further replies.

gonzalo

Level 2
Verified
May 20, 2014
They have a bigger plague to worry about this days in brazil than chinese antivirus jajajaja
XT0zTt7.gif

Jrs30

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Most AVs have shady privacy policy. Emisioft is the best when it comes to privacy.
Emsisoft already tested and do not know if it is normal, but it made my system get super heavy, Emisioft is the best when it comes to privicaidade, more will never be 100%.
AVG is clear that it is zero privacy, when you install it just run an application to see if it is being tracked, and then say you have an AVG dll that makes monitoring, this was one of the reasons for me leaving AVG time.
Although they make it clear they will do it.

Honestly the software developed in China did not sit well in Brazil, here there are many more problems with them too! It is something that is impressive, they entered the Brazilian market in the worst possible way

Jrs30

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
This is why I enjoy no antivirus on my computer, I only monitor very close my firewall. Have not ran an antivirus for 5 years and have had zero infections....
Friend I could be wrong, but long ago I had no antivirus installed on my system, I thought it was okay, no infections, most only was I install a AntiMalware I was surprised, I think that an antivirus is very important today, so I will not give up ESET, Zemana Anti-Malware, Malwarebytes and Emsisoft Emergency Kit, at least I can sail with a bit of tranquility and make downloads without worrying, more is always important to have conchecimento the entire system to know what you want this or not this into action
But of course, everyone does o'que find better :)

Jrs30

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
I am 100% certain I am not infected, no way possible!! I keep a very keen eye on what runs on my machine, if my programs do not load instantly I know something is wrong. This computer runs as fast as the day it was formatted, over a year ago.

A5lXfcC.png

Monitor the task manager is not enough, I did that and always checked the registration of windows and hidden folders.
I think the main problem is in the AppData folder is amazing more than 70% of infections are located in this folder, and it's bad to find the infected file manually, today I am surprised at both sites ESET only blocks in abri- it, websites that before I went and thought it was okay, not more, ah something wrong, he always tells me, that seems harmless sites more actually infect your system without you realize.
I'm pretty much addicted to decorate everything that runs on my system, always take a look at all the windows registry, seeing if there is anything different, and yet has happened to my system is infected, so I Emsisoft Emergency Kit, it you can make a good scan the windows registry.

I think its efficient method, but I think today this is not enough, I depend on software to help me keep my system free and safe :)

D

Deleted member 178

It's Pretty simple really not open emails from people I do not know, no downloading random programs or illegal torrents. Scan everything I download at virus total.. I do use Ublock origin and ghostery. Only protection I need.

Just for your information, Ghostery was bought by a shady company. Your brain is not enough to protect you. It reduces risks but nothing is bullet proof.

Jrs30

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
I understand that I was just giving you an example. I do know enough to know my machine is not infected nor will it ever be.
Yes, I understood that it was only an example :)
I just wanted to say that I think check the entire system manually without the help of software is still not enough.
Each has a method, if it is being enough for you, good then :)

Jrs30

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
If you stand guard at the door of a glass house in a world without darkness and let no one in, there is no need to check if someone is inside...
philosophized :D
It's always good to have a second bodyguard, if you sleep he checks ah someone inside you ...

The translator failed google very
Google needs to invest a lot in translator lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.