Chrome: Is it safe to use Adblock and Adblock Plus at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
Why would you wan't to do that?

It would slow the browser down to much to have any benefits.

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
Adblock plus is better, use it. You won't benefit anything using both.
I guess more people use adblock plus so it will keep getting updates quicker than adblock. ;)

gbpackerfan

Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
Okay, thanks for the replies! And is Adblock Plus really better than Adblock? For the Google Chrome, I mean. It says that Adblock Plus is still in beta version for Chrome...

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
Go to about:flags in Chrome's URL bar. Enable experimental extensions API. Restart the browser.

Install this:
http://adblockplus.org/devbuilds/adblockpluschrome-experimental/00latest.crx

that's the best adblocking you can get on Chrome

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Like an antivirus you cannot install two adblockers at the same time.

Just pick the addon that made it effective for blocking ads.

Lindawinda

May 12, 2015
It is safe as far as I know. I use them both in Chrome and they don't slow down the browser at all. As a matter of fact, when I installed AdBlock Plus, for some reason, AdBlock installed with it. They work together on my laptop, not against each other. My browser is super fast.

comfortablynumb15

Level 7
Verified
May 11, 2015
Good lord, what a thread necro :D There's no question of "safety", it's a matter of why bother? These extensions are nothing without their lists, so why have two extensions checking several different lists when you can just have one doing it? It may or may not slow things down, but it's just pointless extra work for both the extensions and the browser. K.I.S.S I always say.

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Good lord, what a thread necro :D There's no question of "safety", it's a matter of why bother? These extensions are nothing without their lists, so why have two extensions checking several different lists when you can just have one doing it? It may or may not slow things down, but it's just pointless extra work for both the extensions and the browser. K.I.S.S I always say.
Exactly, both reference pretty much the same lists (which is what actually does the ad blocking.)

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Im currently using ublock origin in my google chrome and it blocks ads and scripts all in one extension...low on resources too.

Reactions: silversurfer
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.