Chrome Zero-day Exploit leaves MILLIONS of Android devices vulnerable to Remote Hacking

S

sinu

Thread author
Hackers have found a new way to hack your Android smartphone and remotely gain total control of it, even if your device is running the most up-to-date version of the Android operating system.

The exploit leverages a vulnerability in JavaScript v8 engine, which comes pre-installed on almost all (Millions) modern and updated Android phones.

Just to be on the safer side, Android users are advised to use alternative browsers until Google patches the vulnerability.

Read more : Chrome Zero-day Exploit leaves MILLIONS of Android devices vulnerable to Remote Hacking - The Hacker News

Reactions: Solarquest

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Hackers have found a new way to hack your Android smartphone and remotely gain total control of it, even if your device is running the most up-to-date version of the Android operating system.

The exploit leverages a vulnerability in JavaScript v8 engine, which comes pre-installed on almost all (Millions) modern and updated Android phones.

Just to be on the safer side, Android users are advised to use alternative browsers until Google patches the vulnerability.

Read more : Chrome Zero-day Exploit leaves MILLIONS of Android devices vulnerable to Remote Hacking - The Hacker News

Good that I don't use Chrome. I am using CM Browser which is faster that Chrome. :p

This is why ill never get an Android device.......

If you think your phone does not have bug then you are living in a dream :p. Try Android, Root it and Install good Antivirus with Firewall enabled.

But yes I agree Android has more bugs and quite a long fixing time especially because each company provides their own OTA update apart from Nexus devices.

Reactions: darko999

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Not using Android based on "an exploit" is ludicrous. Even if you decide to disconnect from the Internet and you'll still be tracked.

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Verified
May 25, 2014
Not using Android based on "an exploit" is ludicrous. Even if you decide to disconnect from the Internet and you'll still be tracked.

Im not only hating the security issues on Android, im not really an Android fan overall.

When did i say that i dont like Android based on one of many exploits?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
The more popular something is the more it is going to be exploited.
There are a lot of drunk drivers on the road but I am not going to stop driving.
I think in todays world you must be a little paranoid but I am not going to let it rule my choices.
It is more comforting to know the vulnerabilities have been found rather than thinking about those that haven't

Reactions: Kent

Solarquest

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 22, 2014
..now let's hope ALL android devices get ASAP updates!. .not only some, maybe once a month etc! :mad:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.