Chromebook Threatens Windows

Thread author
Chromebook satisfies a number of consumer demands:

1. Significantly lower price
2. Greater ease-of-use; simplicity
3. Much greater reliability and stability

Those have very strong appeal and account for the growing migration to Chromebook.

Thread author
What, and lose all the fun of Windows? I'd miss all the melodrama of MT! ;);)

I notice a lot of people mention "boring" negatively. That is exactly what they should want. "Boring" is full of good things and devoid of troubles.

The "anti-boring" is all about security soft and forum addiction, and not common sense.

Those people probably need to go to security soft & forum rehab.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I wouldn't trust Chromebook at all. Plus most of the software on Windows you can't get on Chrome OS and I wouldn't wanna dual boot this OS either.

~LDogg

dash

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 15, 2018
I love LOVE my ($999) Pixelbook. As my primary computer, I can appreciate the fact that the design, build quality, and hardware are second to none. A $600 machine can copy some of the specs but not replicate the entire experience. That said, I've been buying these things since at least as far back as 2012 and they just keep getting nicer and nicer, more powerful and more capable. But they stay as reliable, hassle-free, and as secure as you're going to find.

Software is the only (near) constant from Chromebook to Chromebook and I happen to prefer Chrome OS to Windows. I only use Windows when I want to mess with security software or whatever. Windows is my play machine. Quite the opposite of a lot of other non-gamers use cases.

If you don't want the headaches and hassles that come with a Windows PC, or even a Mac, the best option is probably a Chromebook. And to me, if you're going to use a laptop all the time, you should get the nicest one you can afford. Because you have to use it, every day. Every. Day. Yeah, so really the only thing in question is if I'm getting my money's worth. And maybe not (especially now that they're being sold for $699), but I don't mind splurging on something I really want. YMMV.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Why though?

Good question Handsome R.

I think because I have 28" monitors at work, 28" monitors at home, and a 17.3' laptop that I use most when I travel. I've become used to more screen area.

I tend not to get rid of my old computers, so I have multiple other laptops of smaller screen sizes.

But when I now use smaller monitors -- it just seems small and squeezed.

For some, once you get used to the larger size, it's hard to go back.

(And.... that's what she said..)

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
That was what I was wondering.. I go for smaller, leaner, longer battery life ones these days. If I want large screens I use my work, home office, or gaming screens. On the go, I want small and tidy.
Do larger screens consume more battery or do they just generally combine long batteries with larger screens?

Reactions: [correlate]

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.