Battle CIS or ESET SS7 or KAV+CFW or Emsisoft AM+ CFW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arpith

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
Hi..I came from bitdefender total security and I am glad I did.
I installed kaspersky internet security 2014 and right now facing some major bug in its firewall..The firewall cannot block application from connection to the internet..
So right now I have decided to change my PC security and need experts advice
so my options are
ESET Smart Security 7
or
Comodo Internet Security
or
Kaspersky Antivirus with Comodo Firewall
or
Emsisoft Antimalware 8 with Comodo Firewall

btw I am on Windows 8.1 update 1 Pro..
I will be using Malwarebytes anti malware premium along with my main security software

Any help is really appreciated

Thank You

Last edited:
Reactions: gin

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Which operating system do you use? Also do you have any of the latest OS updates installed?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Arpith

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
Reactions: Ink

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
is it smarter to run a suite(AV+FW) or is it fine to use different product for AV and Firewall?
Well that does depend on what your requirements are, but generally a dedicated tool is better then a jack of all trades.
So if you would install a pure and standalone firewall then usually this firewall gives you just a bit more.
However it might cost you additional resources and you might have to configurate your combo's to your wishes.
Imo a internet security package (Can do it all master of none) is generally a better option if you choose to install and forget.
And with the right system setup iee: Good browser, computer practices and habits + updates and such you achieve a better level of performance using a total package then having to run multiple dedicated tools.

Cheers

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
What are using the computer for?
are you doing online banking? online shopping? business?
or
just to watch movies\photos\skype and play games?

Thats the first question that should be asked.

Arpith

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
What are using the computer for?
are you doing online banking? online shopping? business?
or
just to watch movies\photos\skype and play games?

Thats the first question that should be asked.

All of the above except business..I think my knowledge is b/w intermediate to advanced..I dont visit unknown sites..nor download crap from the internet...even if i do i run it sandboxed.
Bacially what I am looking for is
A very good AV(Equvilant to Kaspersky)
A very good firewall
Dont care much to the RAM load..but yea..if high cpu usage is big no no under idle conditon.(if combo is used)
I am willing to experiment too as I was bored of using the same security suite for long period. (Trust me I had never heard of emsisoft before I joined the forum..call me crazy)

Only reason I am uninstalling KIS 2014 is because of the buggy firewall..
I tried and installed comodo along with KIS(after turning off firewall)..but PC became very slow! maybe conflict or too much resources usage..

I used to switch between bitdefender and kaspersky since many years..maybe now its time to try something new with the help of the experts in this forum :)

Mateotis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2014
All of the above except business..I think my knowledge is b/w intermediate to advanced..I dont visit unknown sites..nor download crap from the internet...even if i do i run it sandboxed.

With that level of knowledge, I don't think you need another firewall than the default or one built-in the AV you'll choose. :) And anyways, if you're unresponsible with your clicks, you'll get infected no matter how good your combo is.

Arpith

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
With that level of knowledge, I don't think you need another firewall than the default or one built-in the AV you'll choose. :) And anyways, if you're unresponsible with your clicks, you'll get infected no matter how good your combo is.

that is so true..but take a pick :)

Myna

Level 10
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
Voted for ESS. Would've voted for Emsisoft Anti-Malware + Online Armor (Emsisoft Internet Security Pack) but sadly you haven't mentioned Online Armor. If you want a OA license to try, I can give you one. :)

Reactions: Arpith

Arpith

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
Voted for ESS. Would've voted for Emsisoft Anti-Malware + Online Armor (Emsisoft Internet Security Pack) but sadly you haven't mentioned Online Armor. If you want a OA license to try, I can give you one. :)
you are soooo kind...Thank You.i would love to try..OA was not in my option coz it wasnt free..could you PM me?
btw how is ESET firewall? i

Reactions: Myna

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
I think this is the best answer you can get.
since u r using online banking i'd say the most important thing is phishing and password stealer
I'd add panda free anti phishing along with is 360 or mse as for firewall, the built in more then enough

or

eset AV no need firewall

Reactions: Arpith

Arpith

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
I know ESS is a very good AV..only thing I am worried about is nice firewall..if it is decent enough then I will go with ESS..

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.