Claims of Windows 10 being buggy/unfinished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Angry mob? Well I did use it thoroughly and as far as the "angry mob" I don't see one as most people disagree with you but I'm done now, try to enjoy life a little and don't take any of this personally, for some reason you come off angry, just sharing my opinion and experience.:)
You didn't see it therefore it didn't happen, got it.

Except:
http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/29/8514345/windows-spotlight-lock-screen-with-ads
http://advertising.microsoft.com/en/windows-ads-in-apps (all default, uninstallable apps had these ads--I almost reverted to Win7 right then but waited to see what would happen)

The feedback history doesn't go far enough for me to show but either I'm telling the truth or I'm lying (not sure why I would do that). The ads remained for only a few days, the feedback got dominated by complaints and then they were all removed. I'd call that a user-tolerance test, not an OS test, which was my only point all along. If that "sounds" angry to you, I don't know what to say.

breathejustice

Level 2
Verified
Oct 18, 2014
The GUI of Windows 10 is too bright white, and has no title bar color. These things make my eyes tired.
Windows 10 does not give the tool for changing the colors of file explorer backgrounds and frames, font family types, color of title bar, color of borderline, thickness borderline.
Windows xp and Windows 7 traditional themes have a option to change them. But windows 10 has very very very limited tool....

arslan ejaz

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2015
The GUI of Windows 10 is too bright white, and has no title bar color. These things make my eyes tired.
Windows 10 does not give the tool for changing the colors of file explorer backgrounds and frames, font family types, color of title bar, color of borderline, thickness borderline.
Windows xp and Windows 7 traditional themes have a option to change them. But windows 10 has very very very limited tool....
I Feels the same way you are thinking too bright colors and very limited customization options win 8 was way better in customizing and it is only me that thinks Microsoft wants to imposed its Will on users either their users likes it or not..

ScaleCraft

Jan 22, 2015
Heh Oh good lol :) Nice to make sense! ;)

I remember reading when Windows 98 and XP SP 3 came around... wow! the problems people had upgrading to a service pack on XP.
Or the bugs talk of 98... compared to 95.

I do remember Windows 95 being very smooth to use, I don't recall a BSOD, and W/98 was good but rocky and would blue screen sometimes or "error out" and need a re-boot lol.

I think I used Windows 2000 once... but forgot, as it upgraded me to XP perfectly and for free, it was very weird at the time, but I appreciated the boost.
I too recall 95 being no problem. I also remember XP being no problem, in fact, my latest XP fresh install was two months ago.
The SP3 issue.....I had AVG, I think, at one point, and it "updated", ate every file, and started on the OS, which shut me down. They (AVG) had no idea.
Fast forward to XP-SP3. Would NOT load. All sorts of folks were having issues.
Finally, MS announced they had written SP3 for an Intel chip...not and AMD.
Guess what I have?
They fixed that, it loaded, still working just fine.

Looking back at the AVG issue, makes you wonder.

Reactions: JakeXPMan

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
I too recall 95 being no problem. I also remember XP being no problem, in fact, my latest XP fresh install was two months ago.
The SP3 issue.....I had AVG, I think, at one point, and it "updated", ate every file, and started on the OS, which shut me down. They (AVG) had no idea.
Fast forward to XP-SP3. Would NOT load. All sorts of folks were having issues.
Finally, MS announced they had written SP3 for an Intel chip...not and AMD.
Guess what I have?
They fixed that, it loaded, still working just fine.

Looking back at the AVG issue, makes you wonder.

Wow. yep same here, Windows XP no real problem... but when I had problems they were my fault lol. Messing too much with windows itself. I would cause chronic boot loops and need to roll back, XP is touchy in that regard... easy to damage something, but since I learned more just a year or two ago, no more troubles on my old XP systems today.

XP 3 was causing havoc on AMD processors... I looked up how to upgrade SP's a few years back, I was on SP 2 for years because I didn't know any better, and thought my Windows would break if I upgraded... or that it would be too heavy.

Little did I know I probably was right, I did have AMD Athlon on the XP PC.

What about the AVG issue makes you wonder about?

Reactions: frogboy

ScaleCraft

Jan 22, 2015
If they had written the program update for an Intel...and that is why for me and a whole lot of other folks on their forums, the program upgrade silently ate every file (photos, documents, e-mails) until it got to the OS, and ate the file that shut the box down right now.
Re-loaded the OS file (can't recall what it was) and rebuilt my data from thumb drives I had my backups on at that time.
One of those "Ah, HA!" moments.

This box is still AMD, the backup is a Dell Precison 490 with dual Xeon processors and 64-bit XP.

Most issues I have seen with any updates, don't care whether it's MS or anybody, they don't check compatibility across the board, and often they seem to be clueless that there could be anything out there other than what they are currently using.
Which is why, when I did updates on MS, we would refuse them all, search out each recommended KB on the algore, see what issues were reported, and one week later, download those that were not giving any reported issues.
Sure enough, a month later, MS would come out with the "updated-update" to fix what they had threaded-up last time.

Opinion.

Dave

Reactions: frogboy

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
I use Windows 10 since 29 of July and thw problem I found is that sometimes search does not return any results. The PC needs a reboot to get it to work again. Otherwise, nothing came to my attention during light usage (I am on a vacation these days and use my laptop - lenovo G510 - for simple things like browsing, listening to music etc).

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Windows 10 went off with out a hitch even on an 8 year old Sony Vaio.However I had Windows 10 dual booted with Windows 7 on my ASUS ROG.Everything was fine until following the latest Nvidia driver update Windows 10 started freezing and so the royal pain began.Formatted the drive tried to reinstall but never froze during install.Formatted again and same thing.Installed windows 8.1 and the problem continued.Went to Windows 7 and tried the upgrade but it failed.In all this I pretty much narrowed it down to the Nvidia update.So right now installing Windows 8 on the Windows 7 drive and then will try Windows 10 again.Personally I like Windows 10 better than 8 and was using it more frequently than 7 so I would like to get it back.This doesn't seem to be the fault of Microsoft though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.