Status
Not open for further replies.

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Had to change some default settings to get it to work the way 8.1 & 7 did. Groove music sucks - can't download any Youtube to MP3 stuff. Edge opens sometime when I'm using Cyberfox to down load files. Needless changes for no good reason. Plus my machine has to be shut manually about every other time.

Last edited:

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Lucky me I don't have Windows 10 to test here at the shop. Utorrent says ETA is 2 year 37 months so I just delete the download :mad:

trainbus120

Level 10
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
Because i have had two goes at downloading and had two failures so far. Just a waste 6Gigs of data so far. :(
Can't agree more. More scary is error 0x000000f & 0x0000225 with no solution what so ever on my system. Finally back to Win7.

Reactions: frogboy

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
It is schizophrenic...they need to pick ONE UI and make it a good one.

It is buggy but not fatally so (no BSODs or hangs or anything) but many many app crashes that it recovers from (you'll notice the window you open relaunch and your event log full of errors).

Unfinished software is the way of the industry now...quality is subjugated by "the next new monetized big thing".

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
Honestly the only App that crashes on me occasionally is Edge, otherwise pretty smooth sailing for me, but every configuration is different and will react with the OS in it's own way.

Martin_C

Level 1
Verified
Mar 10, 2015
People always claiming every windows release the same things (buggy, unfinished, blablablablabla, etc.. ), i'm sure most of them never even tried a Linux Distro. Then they will be happy to use Windows.

Most of those complaining people are bloggers looking for attention ; they actually have no skills in computer except "install/remove software " and "open FF/chrome"...

Pathetic...

I completely agree with you on this.

I have seen a lot of Windows 10 upgrades and clean installations and practically all has been without any problems or issues.
Everything running smooth.

The few I have seen that has had problems, have all been from people who had no clue about IT - BUT at the same time they believed everything that every 12 year old has ever posted on the internet.
They had messed with registry, ran all kind of scripts they had found on various forums/blogs or they had built pointless rules in executable blockers and such, leaving their former Win7 or Win8.1 totally trashed for years before attempting the Win10 upgrade.

They paid the price during the upgrade.

Something they could have avoided, if they had accepted that they should not tinker with things they don't fully understand.

A full reset of Windows 10 including full reset of settings, saved those installations and got them running smooth.

So people having problems/issues should try that first.

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
My Experience:
1. Download Windows 10 Pro 32bit from utorrent. (20 hours download)
2. Do an Upgrade Install.
3. Have some tweaks. Disabled autostart of some items.
4. Great! My only problems:
- Momentum feature of synaptics touchpad rarely works correctly.
- Start menu and Action Center are sometimes laggy.

ESET 9 Nod32 Beta works great!

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
Though MS announced full version of Win10 from 29 July, but practically its still one of those preview or beta version. It would have been shameful for MS to be not able to give a proper date for release of Win 10. They announced the date, but work was not fully done and now we have a buggy Win 10. I am sure people in MS are working tirelessly to remedy the problem.

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
I am reading your comments and it makes me to think if I should install it or not. Everything is prepared like iso files for Pro and Edu versions with keys. All important data is backed up and all drivers/applications are downloaded. One more thing that stops me is data logging in Win 10. I read some articles how to prevent it like making some tweaks in registry, setting Group Policy.... I don't want Microsoft to invade my privacy :)

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
One more thing that stops me is data logging in Win 10. I read some articles how to prevent it like making some tweaks in registry, setting Group Policy.... I don't want Microsoft to invade my privacy :)

Heads up that only Enterprise versions of Windows 10 allow you to completely disable telemetry via Group Policy.

I'm not sure about Edu editions.

Ytpajsr.jpg

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
MrXidus,

I will check if this option is available in Edu version. Can you give instructions how can I access Telemetry options?

gonzalo

Level 2
Verified
May 20, 2014
i have problems with the last amd driver, not supported by mi card :eek: , so i have to install the beta version manually. another thing i dont like is the pre installed apps, such a waste of resources. i dont use any of them. but apart from that, everything is ok.

Khairul

Level 2
Verified
Feb 3, 2015
Well as part of my experienced, upgrading does feel buggy especially with the drivers. But then as soon after upgrading, i instantly making full reset of the PC and manually download the latest driver available for my PC and now already used it for 2 weeks with no problem at all. And another thing is, microsoft store still need improvement when it comes to apps that "suitable" with PC instead of putting all the "mobile like" apps into the store for PC. Well for that i didnt know either its related to Microsoft or the apps developer themselves

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
Yes that is a maybe, But Windows should not expect 100% of users to be an expert either should they. I mean they did roll it out for everyone so it should be a finished product.
If you bought a car or tv and found it to be faulty you would expect it to be fixed or replaced right? windows is a system with problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.