Level 53
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Apr 24, 2016
New closer look articles are posted.
The latest:
Closer Look: Settings app UI in Windows 11
Overall, I think that Microsoft has done a really good job with the Settings app revamp in Windows 11. It's not perfect as you will come across some inconsistencies and wastage of space in specific sections, but I definitely think that the company is on the right track. I love the colorful icons and the presence of breadcrumbs as they have increased the speed at which I can quickly navigate through different menus. Moving all the settings and profile information to the left and keeping it consistent across all Settings pages regardless of what page you're on also ensures that you can quickly jump through all kinds of settings without having to navigate to the landing page (which is absent in Windows 11) every time. I'm eager to see how Microsoft further evolves this down the line via updates.
All previous ones:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 53
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Apr 24, 2016
A new closer look article:
Closer Look: Windows Update in Windows 11
Overall, I like the changes made to the Windows Update UI in Windows 11. It's much better organized and it's relatively easier to locate the configuration you're looking for. Less space is wasted on the interface and the information about how long an update will take to install is just a godsend.