CloudFlare blocking sites, have to type in numbers to access

Chigwells

Level 4
Thread author
Jan 16, 2012
Hi everyone and Happy New Year!

Can you advise me why CloudFlare gets in the way so much. It seems to be when I use a VPN and click on a link. For example I clicked on a link in a post in this forum, and instead of the link, I get CloudFlare with the requirement to type in a couple of numbers into a box before I can access the page.

No idea why but it is annoying and unwanted. I believe I am only seeing it when I run a VPN. I tried searching online for the answer, and it seems to be a protective mechanism for websites.

Any suggestions where it comes from?

TYVM in advance, chig.

Reactions: MrExplorer
D

Deleted member 178

because you are using a VPN, especially if you are using Tor, since the IP adress the VPN allocate you is flagged as "suspicious" . AFAIK, you can do nothing about that. that is one downside of using a VPN.

Reactions: Atlas147

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Yup, because the IP addresses of VPNs and Tor are shared by all the users respectively, so about 40 users would have the exact same IP, and if half of those users visited a cloud flare protected website it would flag as suspicious even though it is 20 different users cloud flare only sees it as 1 user.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.