Troubleshoot Color of the some folders atomatically changed and data cant be copy to another pc

maanastr

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 1, 2013
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Current issue: Color of the some folders changes to green. And when I wanted to copy video,softwares from my pc to any other pc then it is showing error and I unable to copy data
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
I am using WIndows 8.1.I have webroot + eset nod32 combo and EEK as on demand scanner. I scaned whole system with these three. No virus found and problem is still there.
I dont know how and why, but some folder of my pc, specially of c drive, changed their color from default yellow to green.And when I wanted to copy video,softwares from my pc to any other pc then it is showing error and I unable to copy data. WHat is the problem? can anybody help me?..

I attached the screenshot of that color changed folders
color change 2.jpg
color change.jpg

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Clearly it's encrypted. Right click on the folder > go to properties > advanced> uncheck "encrypt content to secure data"

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Hidden or Encrypted files. Do not use either, they cause many issues.

From past experience during Windows XP, I lost GBs of photos.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.