Solved COM Surrogate, Fake Communication Services, SySWOW64

Deda Mraz

Thread author
Jan 7, 2015
Hi,

I've never really been aware of the stupid malware on my computer until today. I was always thinking it might have been the graphics card drivers outdated. But then I realized, I had a ton of add-ons and malware on Google Chrome and Firefox. I was able to remove most of it, but my computer was still very slow and un-responsive. I tried with all programs available, but none of the really helped out. I found out ''SySWOW64'' was a dangerous malicious folder, but I couldn't delete it, nor scvhost.exe or any of that stuff. I re-installed the computer to factory settings two times, most of it was gone but the damn thing was still there, and I couldn't remove it, because ''TrustedInstaller'' didn't give me permission to do so. I did also look at the task manager, and I have a couple of fake services running, the rest of them are called ''COM Surrogate''.

So I haven't really had any luck removing any of the malicious malware, so that is why I'm asking for help here.

I'm very, very thankful for any help since I'm in big need of this PC and I can't live with any of the malware.
Thanks,
Filip

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    13.2 KB · Views: 48

argus

Former MalwareTips Staff
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
Helllo,

My name is Argus and and I will be helping you with your computer problems.

Before we begin, please note the following:
  • I will working be on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me.
  • Stay with the topic until I tell you that your system is clean. Missing symptoms does not mean that everything is okay.
  • Instructions that I give are for your system only!
  • Please do not run any tools until requested ! The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.
  • Please perform all steps in the order received. If you can't understand something don't hesitate to ask.
  • Again I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. I will not help you if you do not follow my instructions.

You need to exit MalwareBytes in your tray area. Right click and select Exit.

Download
51a5f31352b88-icon_MBAR.png
Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to your desktop.
  • Double-click the icon to start the tool.
  • It will ask you where to extract it, then it will start.
  • Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.
  • Click in the introduction screen "next" to continue.
  • Click in the following screen "Update" to obtain the latest malware definitions.
  • Once the update is complete select "Next" and click "Scan".
  • When the scan is finished and no malware has been found select "Exit".
  • If malware was detected, make sure to check all the items and click "Cleanup". Reboot your computer.
  • Open the MBAR folder and paste the content of the following files in your next reply:
    • "mbar-log-{date} (xx-xx-xx).txt"
    • "system-log.txt"

FRST.gif
Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.
  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Make sure that Addition option is checked.
  • Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
Please include their content into your next reply.

Deda Mraz

Thread author
Jan 7, 2015
Hi Argus,

thanks for your answer. I followed all steps carefully, and I've got my FRST.txt and Addition.txt. Though, Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit did unfortunately not find any malware.

Filip

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    6.1 KB · Views: 111
  • FRST.txt
    13.6 KB · Views: 38

Deda Mraz

Thread author
Jan 7, 2015
Okay, strange! I provided a screenshot of the task manager. COM Surrogate is running, as well as a bunch of other programs I don't know of...

Attachments

• Screenshot.PNG
    Screenshot.PNG
    126.9 KB · Views: 66

Deda Mraz

Thread author
Jan 7, 2015
I'm rather sure it is, last time I checked my PC for dust inside I took it of and thermal paste seemed okay. So I don't think there isn't anything wrong there. I'll download a game to this fresh PC to see if it still lags. Thanks for your assistance so far though.

argus

Former MalwareTips Staff
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
This is a sign that the Pc clean
Poweliks rises CPU at 100%.

argus

Former MalwareTips Staff
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
Download DelFix by Xplode and save it to your desktop.
  • Run the tool by right click on the
    51a5ce45263de-delfix.png
    icon and Run as administrator option.
  • Make sure that these ones are checked:
    • Remove disinfection tools
    • Purge system restore
    • Reset system settings
  • Push Run and wait until the tool completes his work.
  • All tools we used should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt)
The tool will also record healthy state of registry and make a backup using ERUNT program in %windir%\ERUNT\DelFix
Tool deletes old system restore points and create a fresh system restore point after cleaning.

Deda Mraz

Thread author
Jan 7, 2015
In the mean time... here is a quick screenshot of the CPU graphs. Note that I was downloading a game while this was taken

argus

Former MalwareTips Staff
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
Nemas prijatelju nista, potpuno je cist komp. da imas taj malware Poeweliks ne bi mogao da radis ama bas nista na racunaru, za to ne brini.
Plus ti si resetovao na fabricke postavke, znaci kao da si formatirao komp.
To sto skoci po neki put na 29% to je normalno.

Nista ne brini.

Deda Mraz

Thread author
Jan 7, 2015
Srbin!! :D Dobro je znaci, hvala ti mnogo puno za pomoc. Mnogo mi to znaci, nemogu vise da ti se hvalim... Znaci sada kada je cist racunar 100%, ne treba vise da se brinem. Hvala za pomoci druze. :)
poz

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.