Battle Combination of both VoodooShield and SecureAPlus

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
Both of them are very light.

I installed Voodooshield first (I can't believe its free). Its very light on my system and doesn't bother me at all.

Then I installed SecureAPlus. It also has had no impact on my system.

I think they function well together. Voodooshield recommends Webroot, but I figure Secure a is cloud also and light, and even thought both VS and SAP white list, they really are different soft wares.

VS is an anti-exe, and SAP is a cloud virus scanner with a white list.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
If I remember right, the SAP cloud virus scanner will only notify, not block. (their whitelist function does block, though).
so you have to think about whether that actually helps you or not.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
This combination (something I have not yet tried myself) sounds wonderful, light, and, in turn, your frame of mind and positive take on it's success comes through clearly in your words and thoughts!:) Now, pondering shmu26's observations recalled, it's fascinating to consider the need for possible options, @Rod McCarthy.:)

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
if you want cloud power, you can get it for free with Qihoo 360, and it comes along with a powerful HIPS and BB. Runs very light, if you leave it on default settings.
I think 360 + VS will give you more than SAP + VS

Thanks guys for all the nice confirmations...

Now about Q360....

I'm sorry, but I just can't trust the Chinese frame of mind (at least) from those in the homeland (China)...

They think differently over there, about life, and everything else...

What extent would they go to for financial gain, and I look at motive, no matter who or what we are talking about, that is everything. MOTIVE!

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
You should be fine with both installed...they complement each other even though they have similar features. If I remember right, I once had them installed together and they both ran fine. You should be pretty safe with those installed, if you would feel safer you could add something like Avast but you really shouldn't need it. I would add unchecky to keep adware away.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Thanks guys for all the nice confirmations...

Now about Q360....

I'm sorry, but I just can't trust the Chinese frame of mind (at least) from those in the homeland (China)...

They think differently over there, about life, and everything else...

What extent would they go to for financial gain, and I look at motive, no matter who or what we are talking about, that is everything. MOTIVE!
Same here, I was going to reply to shmu26 with these very words.
I don't see how with their reputation alone anyone still uses it. They will allow things through if paid to do so, now who's to say one day that a malware author with cash to spare, offers a Qihoo employee or Dev
a large sum of money to let through a monster, what then ? they have already shown that for the right price they will allow things through so I am not far off the mark. Sorry just based off of past behavior they are not, and in my book will never be trustworthy.
I rank them as a malware dispersal company and not a security company.
@shmu26
My comments are about Qihoo and don't reflect on you my brother, I wanted to make that clear :)

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Same here, I was going to reply to shmu26 with these very words.
I don't see how with their reputation alone anyone still uses it. They will allow things through if paid to do so, now who's to say one day that a malware author with cash to spare, offers a Qihoo employee or Dev
a large sum of money to let through a monster, what then ? they have already shown that for the right price they will allow things through so I am not far off the mark. Sorry just based off of past behavior they are not, and in my book will never be trustworthy.
I rank them as a malware dispersal company and not a security company.
@shmu26
My comments are about Qihoo and don't reflect on you my brother, I wanted to make that clear :)
I appreciate your comments and in fact I will seriously consider uninstalling qihoo based on them. I really didn't realize their rep was so bad. I only knew about how they cheated on a big AV test, but I didn't know that this was just the tip of the iceberg...

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
So today I wanted to try another software with VoodooShield. I noticed they recommend WebRoot.

I restored my image with Voodoo only.

I had a license for the Webroot AV. I installed it and apps open even faster with Webroot installed instead of SecureAplus.

Voodoo is red so its always off (default settings), until you install, open browser, or email...

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Actually that setup is good already, you are good to go.

That setup is design to avoid using a typical AV that can indeed provide mediocre rates.

But again still on user perspective as long the risk level can be anticipate why a setup is enforce.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.