App Review [Combination Test] AVG Free 2014 feat Malwarebytes Pro 2

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
any av with mbam pro doing well :)

a test with webroot and keyloggers would be nice. if webroot still blocking keyloggers etc from accesing the net or doing bad things even they are not detected by signatures/cloud

thx for the test!

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Excellent test!!!! But it seems AVG behavior blocker needs to be improved more.Thanks MANZAI!!!

Reactions: Manzai

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
Thanks for this manzai more testing:)
Never been a fan of AVG, but I'm glad to know that they are improving their proactive defense and its detection is in an acceptable level.
Malwarebytes does are ally great job with any Av,use with ESET SS7 and never had any problems.
What happened to your other account?

Last edited:
Reactions: Manzai

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
Malwarebytes Free never ever caught anything on my PC. Adwcleaner caught the adware instead. JMO.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Malwarebytes Free never ever caught anything on my PC. Adwcleaner caught the adware instead. JMO.

What exactly did AdwCleaner detect that malwarebytes didn't detect?

& Perhaps the PC wasn't really infected with anything that bad?

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
What exactly did AdwCleaner detect that malwarebytes didn't detect?

& Perhaps the PC wasn't really infected with anything that bad?

Must be. AdwCleaner have a habit of nuking legit programs like YouTube downloader and Wondershare DVD Creator in my case. Their removal are based on Folder Name and location and not on signature and content

More test to come...

Reactions: Koroke San

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
I've seen SweetIM installed on client PCs. Popular with people who uses a lot of emoticons.

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Yes It is. as far as my observation is concerned. MBAM never flagged it as malicious

Checked Manzaitest link. I'll try to install it on what I'm using now and see if it's flagged as PUP by MBAM 2

Last edited:

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
Yes It is. as far as my observation is concerned. MBAM never flagged it as malicious

Checked Manzaitest link. I'll try to install it on what I'm using now and see if it's flagged as PUP by MBAM 2
Please let us know...!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.