JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello
My HitmanPro.Alert license finishes in 14 days and I like very much this software. Currently I use it together ESET IS but I have also to renew ESET IS license in 2 months.
I just learn here Q&A - Sophos Home Premium? that SHP is a very good anti-virus and that it includes HMPA.
So if I replace the combo HMPA + ESET IS with SHP, it will be a lot less expensive for me. But I don't Know if the protection is worth.
What is your opinion?

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Hello @davisd
You made exclusions on "Local Exclusions" , but is it necessary to made the same exclusions on "Exceptions" ?
Nop. Read these both Sophos Home articles how to deal with PUA/FP's and make proper scan/folder exceptions.

Resolving PUA detected through the installed Sophos Home software

Setting scan exceptions

I also recommend, if you are new user to Sophos Home/Sophos Home Premium, go through all these articles to have better understanding of Interface/web dashboard and how to configure each settings. They are small and easy understandable.

Configuring Sophos Home – Sophos Home Help

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Nop. Read these both Sophos Home articles how to deal with PUA/FP's and make proper scan/folder exceptions.

Setting scan exceptions

I also recommend, if you are new user to Sophos Home/Sophos Home Premium, go through all these articles to have better understanding of Interface/web dashboard and how to configure each settings. They are small and easy understandable.

Thanks+++ @davisd :)

F

ForgottenSeer 72227

Setting scan exceptions

Thanks for the links! I should have read some of them sooner, rather than taking the pffft, I don't need to read any manuals.... 2 hours later... I should have read the manuals approach. I didn't know you could set it up so that you can access the settings page without typing in your password every time!

D

Deleted member 178

So is it good to run ESET IS with exploit protection, HMPA as an anti-exploit and OSA with post-exploitation together?
You already know my opinion about layering a suite with other tool ;)
if a suite can't fill the gaps, find one who does.

Right now I am running HMPA and Windows Defender. But I wonder which AV's HMPA recommends, NOT IS SUITES.
Sophos includes HMPA, the choice is quick, if i cant live without HMPA and i need a suite, i would go Sophos because of the better compatibility/integration.

the golden rule in a layered security setup is compatibility/softs interaction, not recklessly and blindly stockpiling features.

I

illumination

Before adding several unneeded applications and introducing more bugs to your system in the process, why not take a stroll through Eset's advanced settings and realize, you have enough features and options to really increase your security. Eset is a full suite, and has enough tweakable options to secure you.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.