Battle Combo: Kaspersky + VDS + HMPA + (Zemana OR Emsisoft Anti-Malware)

mekelek

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
So I have been using the KIS(Kaspersky Internet Security 2017) + VDS(Voodooshield) + HMPA(Hitman Pro Alert) (all premium) combination ,but recently it came to my attention that HMPA doesn't have Real Time protection, only on-demand via HMP scan.

Since both Zemana and Emsisoft Anti-Malware are lightweight, I would be interested in which would cause the least conflicts with the rest of the combination and which has stronger Real Time protection against Malware.

I don't intend to use Emsisoft's behavior blocker cause I'm aware it would cause conflicts and Kaspersky's is already in place.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
I'd say Avast Free for protection. (Been protected with it alone for the past years..) Zemana Anti-Malware Free as a good on demand scanner. Smart surfing habits and you really do not need anything else. :)

Reactions: Rengar

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I would just run Kaspersky Internet Security with Trusted Applications Mode turned on and call it a day, if anything gets by I doubt that ANY security solution would make a difference at all (except Shadow Defender and similars).

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" and that is "even more true" when we are running Kaspersky.

insanity

Level 5
Verified
Oct 9, 2016
KIS alone plus some good sense, that's more than enough to protect the average user. There's little to no gain in combining 4 security software. It can cause conflicts, slowdowns or cost more $$ than what is really needed. Maybe you could add ZAM, or VS or HMP, but they're not really necessary.

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Looking lightweight and small hips .-), an independent not anti-exe. Yet freeware or lifetime license no comodo something small unassuming.Rehips also does not look bad either AppLocker but I wanted to just hips.

Try SpyShelter or NVT ERP is not hips but this anti-exe is rly solid

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.