Battle Combo vs Standalone: Emsisoft AM + Comodo FW vs Kaspersky Internet Security?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
When you uninstall KIS it will ask you if you want to keep license details.
If you want to try the Emasisoft Antimalware & Comodo Firewall combo unistall KIS but keep the licensing details.
Then give EAM & CFW a go and if you don't like it you can always reinstall KIS for the remainder of your license.
The only way to know for sure is to try it out since most have personal preferenceds about software.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
nothing can stand against a great detection rate + Comodo Firewall :)

you will have the bests in your hands ;)

True. With Comodo, you can change your mind about detection any time and be ready for anything. Very good free options too in avast/Bitdefender/360 Total Security...and others. Emsisoft should work great.

lately, I find it very difficult to combo an AV with comodo fw. only avast didn't give me trouble. AVG/BD/Avira had various issues running along with CFW.

Ran into this with the internet extension for 360. It doesn't work, because Comodo sandboxes the extension app when the browser starts (it requires a run-time connection with the actual 360 TS program to work->hence the script). This blocks the functionality of the extension.

No way to bypass, because the event is hooked to script monitoring in Comodo HIPs, and not a good idea to turn that off. Exclusions don't work for scripts, because with each initialization of Chrome, 360 extension creates a randomly named tmp script that Comodo converts to a randomly named file in a Comodo folder named Tempscrpt. So there is a new tempscrpt file for each initialization, and it is automatically unknown. Scripts are handled outside the normal rules dialog of HIPs with Comodo FW/CIS. The perpetual HIPs block of scripts is a well known bug though, and I think they will fix the problem soon enough.

No problems with avast.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I would choose EAM + CF in you situation because you only have 2 months left of your KIS license, even less than a 90-day trial
if you don't have a key for EAM, I'm happy to recommened a free AV + CF

EAM + CF can run smoother. My laptop was sluggish during the years of using KIS until I switched to another AV (avast)

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Both have very good protection and it's secondary components.

On most cases, some users prefer the setup of Comodo Firewall especially due to autosandbox feature compare to Application Control of Kaspersky.

The Application Control of Kaspersky has some issues when not configured correctly, so you need to determine inch by inch on rulesets.

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
I currently have Emsisoft AM, SpyshelterFW, and hitmanpro.alert, and I feel it offers a high level of protection. Used to have ComodoFW, but it impacts performance too much in my opinion (ie..system startup and general usage) SpyShelter is really light, offers a high level of protection, and you get all the anti-logger features.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.