New Update Comodo AdBlocker for Desktop & Browser

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Comodo AdBlocker is based on ABP without Acceptable Ads & may be other changes.

And Dev mentioned "We will over the next week have a ad blocker based on uBlock".

So 2 blockers based on ABP & uBlock with may be other changes.

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Here are some screenshots from Chrome:

Clipboard01.jpg Clipboard02.jpg Clipboard03.jpg Clipboard05.jpg

pneuma1985

Level 4
Verified
Aug 30, 2015
AdGuard works for me that with ublock nothing gets through as far as ads. Not sure why Comodo would relabel ublock origin? Did they buy it or are they just using its open-source repo?

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
AdGuard works for me that with ublock nothing gets through as far as ads. Not sure why Comodo would relabel ublock origin? Did they buy it or are they just using its open-source repo?
uBlock Origin is open-source and by definition any individual or organization can utilize its source code in their software.
COMODO did not buy the source code, and they cannot sell the product that they based on it.

pneuma1985

Level 4
Verified
Aug 30, 2015
No i get it they just used the opensource for it I realized the original source was os sw just didn't know if the new source for ublock with chris running it was still open source or not and whether Comodo would have to pay for it or what. I use opensource stuff all the time in android development :) Just wasn't aware of the situation with comodo and ublock. Was trying to grasp a better understanding of it from someone who knows more about it than me ;) cough you lol

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Installed it. loaded facebook, youtube and yahoo. all three were slow.. specialy facebook took ages, uninstalled after 1 mins and back to adguard desktop. :)
No probs here with the mentioned & other websites.
Running light & good here...just trying it.

With Adguard Desktop, I get error for HTTPS websites on Cyberfox portable...guess manually adding Adguard certs in Cyberfox will work. But no such probs with Comodo Adblocker Desktop & Cyberfox portable.

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
No probs here with the mentioned & other websites.
Running light & good here...just trying it.

With Adguard Desktop, I get error for HTTPS websites on Cyberfox portable...guess manually adding Adguard certs in Cyberfox will work. But no such probs with Comodo Adblocker Desktop & Cyberfox portable.
Seems like im not lucky :( is it good at blocking or are some ads visible?

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Seems like im not lucky :( is it good at blocking or are some ads visible?
Its good at blocking. I dont see any ads visible...just few websites visited.

But dont know how it works with HTTPS websites...dont know by default if some HTTPS websites are not filtered like banks, etc websites...visited few bank websites & checked the certificates...original certificates was mentioned & not Comodo certificates. So you will see ads on websites not filtered by Comodo Adblocker. Dont see an option to change that in the GUI.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Nothing fancy I can see, the important here is that it can block well enough advertisement especially on using custom filters.

Reactions: Sr. Normal 2.0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.