Comodo Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

thexvital

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 21, 2014
One of my favorite firewalls was Online Armor. After they discontinued the program, I stopped using standalone firewalls. I tried going back to Comodo again lately, I didn't like the program that much.
I want to know if you guys have some suggestions for a good firewall, perhaps better than Comodo and similar to Online Armor.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
online armour was one of the greatest , if not THE greatest ( free ) firewalls created , which always served me well untill emsis' shocking announcement that they would discountinue this standalone product. I have to agree with @Sr. Normal 2.0 on a worthy replacement. zonealarm free is hassle free , simple and does what it is has to do! I am currently using it with avast free and I have no complaints! the best paid firewall has to be norton's smart firewall.

DC47561

Level 3
Verified
Feb 3, 2017
online armour was one of the greatest , if not THE greatest ( free ) firewalls created , which always served me well untill emsis' shocking announcement that they would discountinue this standalone product. I have to agree with @Sr. Normal 2.0 on a worthy replacement. zonealarm free is hassle free , simple and does what it is has to do! I am currently using it with avast free and I have no complaints! the best paid firewall has to be norton's smart firewall.

I used to use ZoneAlarm free firewall myself. I would agree with you that once trained it is a very decent product. If I recall correctly they offer a free antivirus and firewall.

S

Sr. Normal 2.0

I used to use ZoneAlarm free firewall myself. I would agree with you that once trained it is a very decent product. If I recall correctly they offer a free antivirus and firewall.
I love ZoneAlarm free firewall, you can install it also with an antivirus that has the karpesky engine, but I do not recommend it. Why ?, because the updates are late with regard to Karpesky, has no cloud or defense against Ransomware. I have an excellent and lightweight free defense with ZoneAlarm + Avast (Hardening Mode) + Voodooshield (Autopilot Mode).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.