Comodo Antivirus for Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
I think, linux is too hard to getting infection (at the moment)
but, I guess. Q2 in this year, linux may can get infection. for linux I don't need AVs program.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
win7holic: Well if someday more users use any Linux program and literary increasing on the usage then "Malware Authors" will get that opportunity.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
There is something strange:
I have a file in the downloads folder in the storage drive which COMODO can detect. I tried to run it (from Linux) on that storage drive, it gave me no warning. Then I tried to copy it to the Linux drive, it came up with a warning saying that malware was detected. This is a thing that should be really fixed.

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
There is something strange:
I have a file in the downloads folder in the storage drive which COMODO can detect. I tried to run it (from Linux) on that storage drive, it gave me no warning. Then I tried to copy it to the Linux drive, it came up with a warning saying that malware was detected. This is a thing that should be really fixed.

Since it's a beta please let comodo know.

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
win7holic said:
I think, linux is too hard to getting infection (at the moment)
but, I guess. Q2 in this year, linux may can get infection. for linux I don't need AVs program.

I have to disagree with you. Don't forget that Windows is the most used OS. Linux is not explored and not interesting platform to infect; many don't have linux and programing for linux is slightly different from windows (20% of the code has to be change so that it fits the wanted OS). Malware writers want to infect big times and linux is not on the list. That doesn't mean that's hard to infect linux. Look at Mac OS, malware is there to infect Mac users. Mac OS has similar defense mechanism as linux OS.

AV is not needed at all if you have some addons and using the gray cells in the brain; save places are mostly secure, if you don't download crack or so you wont get infect on a machine regardless of the OS

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
"I think, linux is too hard to getting infection (at the moment)"
I say that because; condition at the moment NOT in the future, as you say "Linux is not explored and not interesting platform to infect"
but, may i can use AVs program when Linux can get infection. don't forget I already say ; "(at the moment)"
also, someday Linux will be great and get more users like Mac. and get infection, because popularity like Windows OS, MAC OS

I know about ;what people will response my post. ;)

hopefully you understand what i say.

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
win7holic said:
"I think, linux is too hard to getting infection (at the moment)"
I say that because; condition at the moment NOT in the future, as you say "Linux is not explored and not interesting platform to infect"
but, may i can use AVs program when Linux can get infection. don't forget I already say ; "(at the moment)"
also, someday Linux will be great and get more users like Mac. and get infection, because popularity like Windows OS, MAC OS

I know about ;what people will response my post. ;)

hopefully you understand what i say.

You don't get it, do you? I think, linux is too hard to getting infection (at the moment) - can be interpreted in different ways since you don't specify in which way it's hard to get infected. I believe in either way that it's not hard for malware to infect the computer; once malware has kernel-level rights it can do what it wants. It also depends what kind of infection we are talking about. ransomware is the worst infection you can get or that the malware delete a important systemfile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.