Advice Request COMODO ARP-spoofing protection blocks Wifi connections

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Good morning, I experienced that, if I enable ARP-spoofing protection in my COMODO Firewall I will be no longer able to use some protected wifi connections. It says connected, but no internet available. If I turn it off, the connection will come back again. This happens only with my university Wifi. Why is this happening?

Reactions: Marko :)

Rengar

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
ARP spoofing may allow an attacker to intercept data frames on a network, modify the traffic, or stop all traffic. Often the attack is used as an opening for other attacks, such as denial of service, man in the middle, or session hijacking attacks. So, i think :unsure: that Comodo protects you from that.:geek:

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
True, but to be 100% sure why you dont ask the man in charge of the network in your university ?
I have to prove it, I can't just go there and say "COMODO doesn't let me use it when ARP protection is enabled". I personally think it's something wrong with COMODO

Reactions: Marko :)

klaken

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
I think it works just like my university network, which has artos filters and goes through several pc changing directions a lot.
The most certain thing that the ARP system detects this change of hardware and taking it like attack.

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
well, you can disable ARP spoofing, maybe in your university they use some sort of filter which intercept traffic in a way that comodo sees strange. You can enable learning mode,so next time when you connect comodo will learn the network setup.

In my case i have some limitations in my UNI, but i know that it is due to the fact that the network have some filters

Reactions: klaken
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.