Status
Not open for further replies.

Amiga500

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Hello.
I use comodo internet security as my security solution and im very satisfied with this program.
However i would like to know which exclusions i should make in the av module please.

Basically im trying to make comodo run as lightly as possible.
I have the av set to stateful.
BB set to block.
Hips disabled.
firewall is set to custom mode.

I have excluded some of my running processes.Just wondered if there were any tips on making comodo lighter.It already runs extremely light but would like to make it lighter if possible.

Thanks.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello,
If you have setup the Antivirus stateful that you should be fine, as your files will be scanned only once until a new update is released. I would not add any files to the Antivirus exclusions as the benefits are very marginals.
  • Stateful(Default) - CAV employs a feature called Stateful File Inspection for real time virus scanning to minimize the effects of on-access scanning on the system performance. Selecting the ‘Stateful’ option means CAV scans only files that have not been scanned since the last virus update - greatly improving the speed, relevancy and effectiveness of the scanning.
Comodo has already optimized the antivirus to be as light as possible..... So I don't think you can do anything to further improve it.
scan.jpg

Do you feel any slow downs while using Comodo Internet Security?

Amiga500

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Thank you jack that was very helpful.There are no slowdowns what so ever.In fact comodo is the lightest program ive used.I was just trying to lighten it up some more.
Thanks again for your time.Appreciated.

Reactions: Jack
D

Deleted member 178

Depending the settings, the real-time components of any Avs scans files on execution, modification or access; if you want to lighten CAV just put in the exclusions the executables you use the most and be sure they are safe.

I don't know if Comodo still log the process it tries to access, if so you can see those that monopolize it.

Reactions: Amiga500
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.