Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.1 Hotfix is Released!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senkei

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
New Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.1 second hotfix version is now released!

With this release, we have minor improvement on our Sandbox release and fixes ; we keep improving to serve you the best solution for your security !

Thank you very much for all your feedbacks; bug & wish reports. We are checking every feedabck you are providing, sometimes we are even contacting with you for further details; we appreciate your great support on this ! Please keep them coming, and keep in touch!

Please stay tuned for our next release V1.2, which will have many improtant new features !

Note: Users with previous versions installed will receive an update with this release.

Thank you very much to you all in advance !!
What's new in 1.1.387596.183B ?

Improvents and Fixes:

- Sandbox compatibility improvement

Download Location

Comodo Cloud Antivirus Public Hotfix Release 1.1.387596.183B
http://download.comodo.com/ccav/installers/ccav_installer.exe

Hi Everyone!

I’m very happy to announce that Comodo Cloud Antivirus V1.1.386793.166B hotfix version is now released !

Thank you very much for all your feedbacks; bug & wish reports. We are checking every feedabck you are providing, sometimes we are even contacting with you for further details; we appreciate your great support on this ! Please keep them coming, and keep in touch!

Please note that following major release will include a number ıf important new featrues and improvements, we are currently working on that; stay tuned! You will see what you expect to see on CCAV!

Note: Users with previous versions installed will receive an update with this release.

What's new in V1.1.386793.166B ?

Improvents and Fixes:

We have addressed many wishes and bugs/issues reported by our users in this release. Here are a selected few:

• Register sandbox in Windows Security Center
• "No connection to server" error
• Show reboot msgbox when user enables "show alert..." in sandbox setting after installation without reboot
• Valkyrie submission failure
• Manual Scan Speed Improvement

Download Location

Comodo Cloud Antivirus Public Hotfix Release V1.1.386793.166B

source: Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.1.386793.166B Hotfix is Released!!! - News / Announcements / Feedback - CCAV

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

Installed on Win 10 64.
Correctly registered in security center.
No connection prob i.e connected fine.
Seems everything fine for now.
Yes the little lag is there on first opening of stuffs.

And dont know why they removed the option in updates "download automatically program updates"? I use to uncheck the option...now dont know if it will automatically download the program updates or not?

And I think from tray...the GUI should open in 1 click instead of 2.

D

Deleted member 2913

Yro,

Whatever software I tried...lag was only on the first time...second time or further opening no lag.

And I tested sandbox options my way i.e programs install, etc...

Ask for untrusted program - is the best to use IMHO...I faced no probs & every programs I installed & run were fine.

Run only safe programs & Always sandbox untrusted programs - I always find annoying & problematic i.e many a times you install a program...it will be found in whitelist & install begins but during the install 1-2, etc... files may be sandboxed or blocked resulting into incomplete or broken or failed install of the program.

So IMHO, users who know what they are doing...sandbox option "Ask for untrusted programs" is kinda a boon & enhances usability for expert users in a great way.

I think "Run only safe programs" should work as anti-executable i.e a program install is blocked & on alert you click "dont block again" & then the install should work with no further blocking whatsoever. This will not lead to broken or failed install & you get anti-executable with whitelist...IMHO simple, easy & better than autosandbox.

Overall I find this version very usable...And suggest "Ask for untrusted programs" sandbox option...And for users who know what they are doing.

CIS/CCAV with autosandbox will never be an average users program.

I kept Valkyrie auto upload option disabled as I am on limited plan. And it worked fine i.e nothing uploaded & affected my bandwidth.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2913

Anyone use CCAV for manual sandbox only?
i.e start with Windows & AV disabled...And use as manual sandbox i.e rightclick programs & run in sandbox.
Is it possible or will not work?

Reactions: blueblackwow65

Kalashnikov

Level 2
Verified
Apr 13, 2016
You can not install the same sandbox,but you can turn off the antivirus module.Option from the context menu as much as possible at each file

Reactions: Davidov

dJim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
will be nice see this last version of comodo AV in real action Vs lastest virus. malware.. ransomware crypto and so.. btw this last version should introduced into " future " V 9 of comodo internet security ?

Kalashnikov

Level 2
Verified
Apr 13, 2016
Here I found a beautiful test.Zero infections, CCAV prevented everything ,Unfortunately it is this test a sample of modern ransomware ... and maybe it was, and was disposed of ... who knows.As for your question, COMODO reportedly has increasingly go towards the clouds..

Last edited:
Reactions: dJim

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Anyone use CCAV for manual sandbox only?
i.e start with Windows & AV disabled...And use as manual sandbox i.e rightclick programs & run in sandbox.
Is it possible or will not work?
I was wondering the same thing to run along avira free?

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Had to remove it taking to long on startup with another av, I was wondering same thing about sandbox.

I

illumination

I ran a test of this release last night in the VM against a fresh pack of 10 samples. Same result I have gotten with the earlier testes I did on it. The AV detected nothing upon static scanning, but when executed the sandbox sprung to life and nabbed everything. The test system was clean at the end of the tests. While impressed as always with their sandbox, still highly disappointed in their Av module.

D

Deleted member 2913

To me...Comodo guys do false talks, contradicting info, etc...
On Valkyrie, there are quite a few confusing posts on Valkyrie integration in CCAV.

The latest info on Valkyrie in CCAV on their forum is...currently CCAV only uploads files to Valkyrie i.e no detection is returned.

Its a disappointment on Comodo part as always...after so much noise & ga ga on Valkyrie integration in CCAV...you get to know that Valkyrie is still passive in CCAV i.e files are uploaded to Valkyrie but results are not returned back.

Senkei

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.1 second hotfix version is now released!

With this release, we have minor improvement on our Sandbox release and fixes ; we keep improving to serve you the best solution for your security !

Please stay tuned for our next release V1.2, which will have many improtant new features !

What's new in 1.1.387596.183B ?

Improvents and Fixes:

- Sandbox compatibility improvement

Download Location

Comodo Cloud Antivirus Public Hotfix Release 1.1.387596.183B

Reactions: silversurfer

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
D

Deleted member 2913

Today I tested CCAV new hotfix release & latest CIS release on Win 10 64 .
Tested for usability i.e whitelist function.

Quite a few users, myself included have mentioned whitelist function in CCAV & CIS doesn't work the same.
But it seems to me it works the same on both.

I tested CCAV & CIS with 20 of my portable programs.
CCAV sandboxed 3 & CIS didn't sandboxed any. But then I remembered something that I always forget i.e CIS default config i.e Internet Security config treats programs already on the system as safe. I changed it so that CIS doesn't treat programs already on the system as safe i.e Set autosandbox from "Internet" to "Any".
Tested with 20 portable programs again. And this time CIS result was the same as CCAV i.e 3 programs were sandboxed.
So it seems whitelist function works same on both.

Those who find CCAV whitelist function doesn't works the same as CIS...do you test CIS with default sandbox "Internet" or edit to "Any" & test?

I think I may give CCAV a try on my family system.
On family system i.e average users system, I think the best sandbox option is "Run only safe programs".
And the best way to use CCAV with minimum hassles...Unknown programs will be blocked...And run/install the programs you know are safe with rightclick i.e rightclick on the program & select "Run as trusted".

But "Run as Trusted" rightclick option doesn't add the program to trusted list. So if you install an unknown program with rightclick run as trusted...will install fine but program opening will be blocked...select dont block again on the alert.

I think "Run as Trusted" rightclick option should add the program to trusted list.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
During my own test, CCAV does in fact keep the system clean but some of those ransomware .txt and .jpg files are in some directories. Well as long as system is not infected, damaged, etc it's a win in my book. Currently testing a dual run combo of Norton and CCAV. It's sandbox is more convenient for me than say Sandboxie.

So far my only problem with this combo (with all exclusions set into place just for the heck of it) is CCAV's tray icon doesn't appear on start up unless I open it via shortcut. Still seems to run in RAM with normal actions still functional. On VM with no other AV beside it the tray icon appeared fine.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
This means CCAV is allowing processes to create persistent system changes outside the sandbox. It's bad ju-ju...

Yes but for what I'm using it for (not malicious or potentially malicious software) it's plenty good enough. I wouldn't trust system security to a sandbox. I have Shadow Defender and VM for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.