Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Comodo Cloud Antivirus - Beta 1.11.416296.492

Hi,
We are pleased to announce Beta release of Comodo Cloud Antivirus v1.11.416296.492.

New:
1. Crash Reporting: Comodo Cloud Antivirus will detect crash of one of it's applications and offer user to upload crash and other diagnostic data by showing dialog as shown in enclosed snap Crash_Reporting.png

2. Improved Potentially Unwanted Applications (PUA) Detection: We have created a back-end infrastructure that is analyzing domains in the wild and able to classify some of domains as PUA domains, which are short lived and mainly generate PUA files. You will see such detection via that cloud driven heuristic as shown in enclosed snap: PUA_Detection.png

3. Controlling Network Activity of Sandboxed Applications: As a first towards providing some form of network control over applications running in Sandbox, we have introduced following two check boxes under Sandbox settings:
- Block incoming connections to Sandboxed applications
- Block outgoing connections from Sandboxed applications

These are disabled by default and best suited for Advanced users at the moment:
Limitations:
Above options are confined to TCP traffic only and thus focusing on controlling data oriented network traffic only.
So other protocols like UDP/ICMP, are still allowed.
In next sprints, based on feedback, we will be aiming:
- To cover all protocols
- Allowing applications based exclusions
- Creating Advanced installation option where user can change these defaults

This is without introducing network Firewall and still letting Advanced users control to some extent network activities of Sandboxed applications.
Aim has been to keep things light and still provide a degree of control.

4- Copy any shortcuts created by Sandboxed applications to my desktop: This check box is present under Sandbox settings. This feature has been enabled by default. Now you have a control over this and can de-select if you don't want that default behavior.

Fixes:
5 - "Ask for Unknown Applications" setting in Sandbox was not working as expected in Windows 10 Creators update, as had been reported in below post:
CCAV Ask for Untrusted Doesn't Properly Sandbox Files - Bug Reports - CCAV

Improvements:
6 - Sandbox alert layout has been changed as per following wishlist item, thanks BlueTesta:
Login

7 - Jump to Folder: When you see file path listing, this option was not available in some of places e.g. "Being Analyzed" section, now you should see it across all places.

BETA - Warning:
Following setup is a BETA setup and it is not recommended to test on production machine and it is intended only for beta testers.
So please try at your own risk.

Setup Details:
URL: http://download.comodo.com/ccav/installers/beta/ccav_installer_beta_v492.exe
Size: 8.67 MB (9,099,592 bytes)
SHA-1: fd5dc76e34c0f8741c822bb001c294dd5553f4cb
MD-5: 7e7c43b52ee737f303e2f4989a32bc02

Based on feedback, we will make a decision about release next week.

Our goal on CCAV is to keep it lightest, fastest, simplest(no extensive configurations) and most effective prevention product for consumers with it's default deny architecture and direct Valkyrie integration.

Thank you for all your support.

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Thanks
-umesh

With best Regards
Mops21

nikos200

Level 3
Verified
Nov 18, 2015
i will not use any comodo product until they improve av...viruscope... and webfilter ....in a good state like kasperky

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
i will not use any comodo product until they improve av...viruscope... and webfilter ....in a good state like kasperky
Hm why? for novice users that is true. But users like you, me or others here comodo cloud av or comodo firewall is a realy nice choice. and comodo cloud av isnt that bad at detecting malware with valkyre. and anything unknown will be sandboxed so u are 99.99% safe from any unknown malware. I myself find comodo with autosandbox way more secure like something like avast, kaspersky, bitdefender with a decent detection rate. that does not help if something got not detected and than u are infected. with comodo cloud av/is/firewall if something is not detected it will simply sandboxed and than nothing happens. U are way more portected this way if the sandbox is right configured.

nikos200

Level 3
Verified
Nov 18, 2015
you are right!!!!but my dream is to see comodo at the same level with kaspersky or emsisoft...with sandbox...then i will use it...also im waiting for the whitelist to be update it....its annoying when sandboxing my AMD drivers and other safe aplications....more detection from av and vituscope...less sandboxed aplications :)

klaken

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
Valkiria already works in Comodo cloud. Only that with the files that are sent it can take 1 week or 2 .. seems to have preferences to the applications that comodo av detects as suspicious ..

valkiria ya funciona en Comodo cloud . solo que con los archivos que se envian se puede tardar 1 semana o 2 .. parece que tienen preferencias a las aplicaciones que comodo av detecta como sospechosa..

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.