Comodo Cloud Antivirus (CCAV) to be discontinued

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

And people don't believe me when I say Comodo is crap and going down the hill since v5 like a boulder in an Indiana Jones movie, they have a long history of crappy abandoned projects, which is not surprising when you see they can't manage to fix a 12 years old bug in CIS/CFW.
Comodo clearly need money and doesn't have the resources to develop side free projects.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
And people don't believe me when I say Comodo is crap and going down the hill since v5 like a boulder in an Indiana Jones movie, they have a long history of crappy abandoned projects, which is not surprising when you see they can't manage to fix a 12 years old bug in CIS/CFW.
Comodo clearly need money and doesn't have the resources to develop side free projects.

I believe you.

1573094740905.png

Attachments

• 1573094655824.png
    1573094655824.png
    191 KB · Views: 399
F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Comodo business strategy is like its CEO, lot of hype, fancy statements and promises but at the end it end up like every others. That is a shame because it was my favorite solutions back on its golden age aka v4-5.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
The impression that each division is disjointed and the whole is not organized continues from the past. There was also a time when two Chrome browsers were released in parallel.

This is my guess. The concept of comodo is
“If you distribute for free, you don't have to worry about user confusion.”

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
With resignation I have to say, Comodo is useful for me now that I KNOW its issues. Unfortunately, the issues, although confirmed to me, are serious to the point of being almost bizarre. Yet, the protection scheme is still potentially the most beautiful of them all from a free security program. Comodo could skip all the trouble of being great with signatures and rely completely on auto-sandboxing as their out. And they could convince users to trust this protection system if a few things were in an acceptable place overall. Those are:

1. CPU issues are resolved. This is still an issue. I tried several things to stop the 25% or 50% processor issue that is inevitable for me with Comodo (I run scripts on a schedule and this seems to at least partly cause issues via Comodo's cmdagent.exe). Among these turning off Internet Security Essentials (don't install), web filtering, and managing runaway logging issues associated with memory trimming programs. It wasn't until I finally turned off beloved Viruscope that the problem was actually cured. Unfortunately, all the other problems mentioned are still issues too and also it sadly took me 7 years to get to the bottom of the mystery.
2. The issue of file trust should be Comodo's choice and also should be presented thusly in their programs. Users should only be able to add trust via the files list (not via an alert) and then the list should indicate that the trust rating is "<USER> Trusted", not the normal "Trusted" as in trusted by Comodo. When I consider the implications of this tiny bit of rigidity from Comodo, I almost want to laugh at how good Comodo could be for home use with just this simple change. Talk about a forget it solution...and Comodo could free themselves to work on an endpoint that competes.
3. Start with the above changes and NOW work with the program to make it better little by little. With the above in place, opportunities for improvements would be much simpler to identify for Comodo devs. They could improve the GUI connections to the protection, improve alerts, actually get rid of nagging bugs, and finally, improve Viruscope and even give Valkyrie a purpose in the program.

Comodo will end up with products some day. Melih might be a showman first, but I think those within the company know that it is being looked to to bring something to the table. I am very confident they will get the job done, even if the process is at times painful for us sadly :(

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I have been using comodo fw for years. I haven't used it thoroughly enough to suffer from fatal bugs, and there seems to be no problem as long as it is within my daily use.
I like comodo software such as fw. However, I am wondering about the instability of comodo as a company that announces confusing software or discontinues development.

Sad to see it go

Well latest CIS is freezing whole system for me, and EEK telling me the comodo installer is pup :rolleyes:
The cis that is currently distributed does not seem to have a good reputation. The number of defects is proportional to the liveliness of the official forum, so you can guess from there.😣

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Hype doesn't last if the program have too many issues. Comodo's fanboys just woke up, now they leave the boat, most of them used comodo because it was free. For example, i dont see Cruelsister promoting comodo (and her setup) anywhere...When the sound of reason hits you ;)

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
.... i dont see Cruelsister promoting comodo (and her setup) anywhere...

Welllll..... in all fairness... just because you don't see it does not mean it's not happening.

Maybe cruelsister is still promoting it... deep in the Amazon jungle... or way out on the plains of Zimbabwe ---- helping the indigenous people with their computer security.

Maybe.

Or maybe not.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.