Comodo Cloud Antivirus v1.0.379757.116

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senkei

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
Here we are very excited to announce that the Comodo Cloud Antivirus First Public Major Version 1.0.379757.116 is now released ! Thank you very much for all your feedbacks , wish & bug reports for the third beta built as we have worked on those bugs and wishes, and will keep working on them on the next release

Lightweight protection on both Online and Offline; now also has Multiple Language Support and New Features that will increase the ease of use!

Important note: Users with previous beta installed should uninstall old beta first and make a clean installation for the new beta version . We would appreciate receiving your feedbacks, wish and bug reports for the new built 1.0.379757.116.

What's new in 1.0.379757.116 ?

- New Installer Pages :
With the new installer pages, learn more about what CCAV features are. With the new design of installers, you will get more about us.

- New action: "add to exclusions" when malware is detected in manual scan:
We have added a new action ! Add the threats found during manual scan easily into your exclusions list!

- Purge on trusted app list:
Purge button is back, even on trusted vendor list!

Submit non-sandboxed installers for Valkyrie analysis:
You need us to analyse non-sandboxed installers ? Submit them easily.

- Multi Language Support:
New languages added into language support, new languages to be added with the next releases.

Improvements and Fixes:

We have addressed many wishes and bugs/issues reported by our users in this release. Here are a selected few:

- Option to hide "Upgrade" button on main GUI.
- When dobule click desktop shortcut ,ccav main UI can't pop from taskbar.
- Virtual file should display virtual full path in sandbox applications page.
- When you restore default config ,changing some config have issue

Download Location

Comodo Cloud Antivirus Public Major V1.0.379757.116
http://download.comodo.com/ccav/installers/ccav_installer.exe

source: Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.0.379757.116 is Released!!! - News / Announcements / Feedback - CCAV

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Is this like FINAL version or...?

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
I download from link above, try to install and it says it's BETA???

Clipboard00.png Clipboard01.png

I

illumination

I'm impressed. It is better then the last time I tested it. I downloaded a couple legit applications to see how the auto sandbox would handle this as opposed to last time, and still had to manually allow one in, but it took the first time unlike the last time I tested CCAV. Downloading utorrent as one of those applications CCAV caught Open Candy in the installer and cleaned it before installation proceeded.

I took the latest malware samples pack from Malwarehub "10 samples" and disable RT and ran a right click, of course was disappointed to see CCAV did not detect a single one. Although upon executing these samples, everyone of them were stopped from installing. The system was clean at the end, so CCAV did its job and protected the system.

nd3QbA9.png

I ran a scan with CCAV after executing, it found nothing, then I ran a scan with Herd Protect, which only found the Open Candy quarantine left over in CCAV, this without having to restart the system to clear sandbox, as it was done manually.

HoOVF0c.png

Edit: For those that know Herd and see the 6 files in the cloud waiting, I am more then positive those were to the applications I downloaded. I also ran Process explorer & Autoruns for windows with VT enabled on both. I also ran HMP and MBAM, There was nothing running or on the system.

Last edited by a moderator:

davetenay

Level 2
Verified
Jul 31, 2015
I took the latest malware samples pack from Malwarehub "10 samples" and disable RT and ran a right click, of course was disappointed to see CCAV did not detect a single one. Although upon executing these samples, everyone of them were stopped from installing. The system was clean at the end, so CCAV did its job and protected the system.

I'm curious: did you get any alert from Valkyrie after executing those files or they just got sandboxed?

Reactions: DracusNarcrym

davetenay

Level 2
Verified
Jul 31, 2015
Nah they simply ignored the report knowing that their product is only a companion AV and not proper to be considered a main AV and disable Defender. Nothing bad with that assuming they state it.

Yes, the problem is that they did not state it. This is what they state on the forum: "Once you have it, you will never look for another protection, this is what you need!"

Reactions: OokamiCreed

Davidov

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
Hi keys where the reset sandbox (or resets automatically?)When the browser in the sandbox to recover a deleted file from the sandbox?

Golden Comodo Firewall .-))

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.