App Review Comodo Cloud Antivirus v1.8.407941.426 - Autosandbox - MBR-ransomware re-test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
@Evjl's Rain,

You mentioned couple times CCAV CPU usage...I forgot to check when I tested CCAV for usability.

In an hour or so, I will install CCAV to check CPU usage & update here...
I saw umesh's message on comodo forum too
please check CPU usage in "Processes" tab (1st tab) in task manager of windows 10, it's always at least 0.1% for me in my laptop
in process explorer you can also see

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I saw umesh's message on comodo forum too
please check CPU usage in "Processes" tab (1st tab) in task manager of windows 10, it's always at least 0.1% for me in my laptop
in process explorer you can also see
I am testing CCAV on my windows 10 desktop, and it usually does not go below 0.1%, but on the other hand, it usually stays pretty close to that. I don't think that using 0.1% - 0.2% of CPU is called being a hog.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I am testing CCAV on my windows 10 desktop, and it usually does not go below 0.1%, but on the other hand, it usually stays pretty close to that. I don't think that using 0.1% - 0.2% of CPU is called being a hog.
but CF doesn't have that issue. CF: better sandbox, better features, CPU usage in idle is lower so there is no point to consider CCAV

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
but CF doesn't have that issue. CF: better sandbox, better features, CPU usage in idle is lower so there is no point to consider CCAV
right... unless you want to combo it with an app that is unfriendly to CFW, such as Kaspersky Internet Security, for instance.
KIS+CCAV (AV component disabled) is an interesting combo, you must admit

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
right... unless you want to combo it with an app that is unfriendly to CFW, such as Kaspersky Internet Security, for instance.
KIS+CCAV (AV component disabled) is an interesting combo, you must admit
yes, I installed CCAV because it didn't have unnecessary stuffs I didn't want but this small CPU usage made me mad. Zemana AL used to use 0-0.2% of CPU in idle in my laptop, when I checked battery usage in Windows 10 Settings, ZAL used 3-5% of total battery while KIS was <0.1%

This is not a big problem but it should never exist

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
yes, I installed CCAV because it didn't have unnecessary stuffs I didn't want but this small CPU usage made me mad. Zemana AL used to use 0-0.2% of CPU in idle in my laptop, when I checked battery usage in Windows 10 Settings, ZAL used 3-5% of total battery while KIS was <0.1%

This is not a big problem but it should never exist
If you are on a laptop, then yes, it is a bit of a problem. I agree.

D

Deleted member 2913

Mine is laptop with 6GB RAM, Win 10 64 Pro, Windows FW, no other realtime security software

Attached is CCAV CPU Usage screenshot

Here on my system -
The process with "green" icon mostly stays 0%, very occasionally for a moment 0.1%
The process with "red" icon mostly between 0.1-0.3%, occasionally 0.4-0.6%, very occasionally for a moment 0%

Attachments

• CCAV CPU.png
    CCAV CPU.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 323

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Hi I tried to install this with panda but Comodo says it conflicts .should I uninstall Panda? I really don't want the av from Comodo just the rest that is why I'd lik to keep Panda for an av.Thks
no need to uninstall Panda. Ignore CCAV message. It just recommends us to uninstall all AVs, except Windows defender out of the PC
to avoid possible conflict, you can temporarily disable panda's realtime protection
after installing CCAV, you can disable CCAV's antivirus/realtime protection, also add panda installation folder to exclusion of CCAV. Then, open panda and add CCAV's folder to exclusion. Finally, re-enable panda

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
the thing that has me puzzled is dll files. I see both in my trusted file list and in my autosandbox rules that there are entries for dlls.
For at least one of them, I got a prompt.
What's up with that?

D

Deleted member 2913

the thing that has me puzzled is dll files. I see both in my trusted file list and in my autosandbox rules that there are entries for dlls.
For at least one of them, I got a prompt.
What's up with that?
I have mentioned in CCAV thread "why some files show up in both sandbox rules & trusted files list"?
Lets wait for the info...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.