Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
QeBTM.png
Comodo Dragon 24.2 Released

Comodo Dragon is a Chromium technology-based Browser that offers you all of Chrome's features PLUS the unparalleled level of security and privacy you only get from Comodo.
Including a greater level of privacy than Chromium technology offers.

Features:
- Improved Privacy over Chromium
- Easy SSL Certificate Identification
- Fast Website Access
- Greater Stability and Less Memory Bloat
- Incognito Mode Stops Cookies, Improves Privacy
- Very easy to switch from your Browser to the Dragon.

What's New
- Dragon is based on Chromium 24.0.1312.56.

Download from Official Source HERE

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
RE: Comodo Dragon 24.2 Released

:goodpost:

Actually contains software version numbers.

D Bone

May 28, 2011

I recently swapped over to the portable version and it works very well. I doubt I'll 'install' a browser again.

N

Nige_40

D Bone said:
I recently swapped over to the portable version and it works very well. I doubt I'll 'install' a browser again.

Does the Portable run better with less problems? also does feel lighter on your system ?

I

illumination

I had issues with Comodo Dragon 24.0 testing it with CIS6. Running version 24.0 sandboxed, certain plugin features would freeze the system. Also had trouble with scrolling "not sandboxed".

I just tested this version yesterday with CIS6, and tried those same things, and now the issues are resolved. CD 24.2 is running smooth as can be right now,of course these findings can be different on different systems.

D Bone

May 28, 2011

Nige_40 said:
D Bone said:

Does the Portable run better with less problems? also does feel lighter on your system ?

I have had zero issues with the portable version. It will notify you of an available update, and you then update manually just like the installed version. All settings are kept in the Comodo Dragon folder. While I can't say for sure if it's lighter or faster, I can say it feels damn snappy.

I now have a complete working browser with all of my custom settings, extensions, bookmarks, passwords and cookies installed and saved to my USB drive and I just paste it into my downloads folder and pin the Dragon app to my taskbar. I can do the same on any machine too.

The only caveat is you have to manage all browser maintenance via Dragon itself as CCleaner will not see it. What I do is copy the URL that's in the address bar after I select "Clear Browsing Data" in the advanced setting tab ( dragon://settings/clearBrowserData ), and I paste it into the "Home Page" setting, so now all I have to do is hit the Home Icon before I shut down and I can delete the cache, history, ect...

N

Nige_40

D Bone said:
Nige_40 said:
D Bone said:

I have had zero issues with the portable version. It will notify you of an available update, and you then update manually just like the installed version. All settings are kept in the Comodo Dragon folder. While I can't say for sure if it's lighter or faster, I can say it feels damn snappy.

I now have a complete working browser with all of my custom settings, extensions, bookmarks, passwords and cookies installed and saved to my USB drive and I just paste it into my downloads folder and pin the Dragon app to my taskbar. I can do the same on any machine too.

The only caveat is you have to manage all browser maintenance via Dragon itself as CCleaner will not see it. What I do is copy the URL that's in the address bar after I select "Clear Browsing Data" in the advanced setting tab ( dragon://settings/clearBrowserData ), and I paste it into the "Home Page" setting, so now all I have to do is hit the Home Icon before I shut down and I can delete the cache, history, ect...

Many thanks for your feedback,

I will test it out on my laptop, and see what is best for me

Thanks again D Bone :)

D Bone

May 28, 2011

Any time! Let me know what you think of it.

PurpleArmor

Verified
Jan 28, 2013

Does Comodo Dragon use Google's Safebrowsing for malware and phishing protection or does it rely on Comodo DNS only?

I

illumination

PurpleArmor said:
Does Comodo Dragon use Google's Safebrowsing for malware and phishing protection or does it rely on Comodo DNS only?

All Chromium browsers use Google Safe Browsing.

I

illumination

PurpleArmor said:
Does CCleaner support both of Comodo's web browsers?

Ccleaner will clean up after Comodo Dragon although it will show up as Google Chrome. Last i knew, Ccleaner did not detect Ice Dragon.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

QeBTM.png
Comodo Dragon 25.2 Released

Comodo Dragon is a Chromium technology-based Browser that offers you all of Chrome's features PLUS the unparalleled level of security and privacy you only get from Comodo.

Features:
- Fast Website Access

What's New
- Dragon is based on Chromium 25.0.1364.160.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
RE: Comodo Dragon 25.2 Released

QeBTM.png
Comodo Dragon Internet Browser 26.0 Released

Features:
- Fast Website Access

What's New
- Dragon is based on Chromium 26.0.1410.43.
- Master password feature.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
QeBTM.png
Comodo Dragon Internet Browser 27.0 Released

Features:
- Proxy settings were not saved on exit.

What's New
- Dragon is based on Chromium 27.0.1453.94.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.