Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
JERSEY CITY, NJ, June 8, 2011 - Comodo (www.comodo.com), a leading certificate authority and Internet security organization, today announced that Comodo Dragon, a fast and versatile Internet browser is now available for download.

Version 11.4 of Comodo Dragon is based on 11.0.696.71 Chromium core. With the latest release, Internet users now have the ability to quickly share a Web page with social network contacts via popular sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, specify proxy settings such as proxy server IP and port, and clear automatic browser history upon exit. In addition, Comodo Dragon users will now have the option to start the browser in incognito mode. Lastly, the new installer offers a reduction in size and a better appearance.

Link

V

Vextor

COMODO is too slow. Chrome will update sooner or later and COMODO will have to do it again.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
As far I know, Chrome updates are release every six weeks.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
The idea of Comodo Dragon is good, to offer a more secure browser but....
when it runs several versions behind the current Chromium core, it can't be any more secure than Google Chrome. Google Chrome patches vulnerabilities with each release. For awhile Comodo Dragon was running at least 8 versions behind on the Chromium core. Google patched several critical vulnerabilities with these versions while Comodo left them right open for attacks.

If Comodo wants Dragon to be more secure than Google Chrome, then they are going to have to push out patches as soon as the Chromium core updates instead of waiting several months later is not acceptable. As we speak now, the current Chromium core is v.12.0.742.91 and Dragon is still using 11.0.696.71 that is about 4 or 5 builds behind.

Google Chrome is the most secure Chromium based browser because it is the first to patch critical vulnerabilities.

http://www.chromium.org/developers/calendar

Thanks.:D

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
The big problem is that Chromium has somewhat crazy build numbers. Most developers hold major release version numbers for huge improvements or changes. Chromium though will issue a major release number for very minor changes.

From what I've noticed, if a huge critical issue is fixed in Chromium, (Such as the recent sandbox hopping exploit...) a Dragon release isn't far behind. But if the fixes are minor, there isn't any hurry. I don't have a problem with that. While I haven't compared release dates, I'd guess it's updated more often than Firefox. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.