App Review Comodo Firewall 10 vs WannaCry Ransomware

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

novocaine

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2016
the pop up shows up again today, it's been twice
Untitled.jpg

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
the pop up shows up again today, it's been twice
Untitled.jpg
I also got this once.

Does that link go to me? I have Comodo popups disabled so I have not seen it. It amazed me that my typical user views went from about 500 to over 10,0000. I hate it (and was never consulted about it).
Yes, it links to the video on this thread. Why hate it?

How and where?
It links to the video on this thread, which is uploaded to her channel.

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
HAHAHAHAHAHA Melhi will send you your so desired emerald bracelet (im dying laughing reading the comment on your youtube video) :D
Some dude even linked her video to his site which ultimately opened the YT video where he originally posted her site's link (convoluted like inception).o_O

Reactions: cruelsister

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Why I hate it? I did the videos just as a fun project with a target audience of some developers and Geeks Like Us. I had very few viewers which was a good thing- between the few on YouTube and here at MT it was like sitting around with friends with a glass of wine and engaging in amusing conversation. I even appreciated Wilders deleting posts that mentioned my Vids. But now from like 500 views per video I normally get the last 2 have over 10,000. It's like Reality TV came in with cameras and are now pushing stuff out to be viewed by the Great Unwashed. I actually got someone who would rather that I talk instead of playing music! As If!!!!!!

Even worse, I actually got two emails today from some jive-time reporters wanting comments (Oh God, KMN).

But I would like to thank Umbra for the post today on my channel. I was depressed at the time and you can have absolutely no idea how much that meant to me. It was better than lithium.

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
I think I just have to get over myself, buck up and stop whining. I'm in talks with an anti-ransomware developer to do a review on their product, and as soon as they redo their current version (trashed privately) everything will be Right as rain!

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
@cruelsister

Can you answer me this question about leaving Win Firewall ON with Comodo Firewall at the same time (on Win 10).
Do you mean leaving WF service on only and turn off WF in settings or leave ON all stuff?

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Why I hate it? I did the videos just as a fun project with a target audience of some developers and Geeks Like Us.
Hey Cuelsister. But isnt it a good thing? Like when more and more ppls care about malware and ransomware when they look your videos and than search for good protections and alternatives to prevent things like that. That shouldnt be bad. :) They are only good things if more and more ppls looking your videos. Have a great day. :)

inuyasha

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Apr 9, 2017
Why I hate it? I did the videos just as a fun project with a target audience of some developers and Geeks Like Us. I had very few viewers which was a good thing- between the few on YouTube and here at MT it was like sitting around with friends with a glass of wine and engaging in amusing conversation. I even appreciated Wilders deleting posts that mentioned my Vids. But now from like 500 views per video I normally get the last 2 have over 10,000. It's like Reality TV came in with cameras and are now pushing stuff out to be viewed by the Great Unwashed. I actually got someone who would rather that I talk instead of playing music! As If!!!!!!

Even worse, I actually got two emails today from some jive-time reporters wanting comments (Oh God, KMN).

But I would like to thank Umbra for the post today on my channel. I was depressed at the time and you can have absolutely no idea how much that meant to me. It was better than lithium.

u are an e-lebrity !

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017

@cruelsister Just like @Janl1992l said Be positive, just think like how many people were/would be saved from ransomware/malware by watching your informative videos. Some of them might make better e-habits in the future, and forget about other losers (U can't please everyone).
PS, i too posted on your YT channel just with my google account (i am a subscriber of your channel).

Reactions: cruelsister

EASTER

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2017
I agree.

It would be of interest to know even the percentage of how many other good folks spread their joy to friends and family to replicate installing and setting CFW up to those same settings after getting a taste of this video.

That is what's really important here.

The attention to such a strong defensive approach with desirable results as this is eye catching as well as might prove a big relief for some should they just happen on a similar or different sort of event but assured of some solid protection like this.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.