App Review Comodo Firewall 11 Tested

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
On Comodo Forums she was last active on March the 9th. I think she just stopped making videos about security products
Are you certain about that? Her last post there was June 2018. The "last active" stat doesn't tell us anything. Even here...her last post was October 2018... then by some turn of events her account updated to "last seen" in January 2019... yet notably silent (no posts/updates).

Please show us her post from March 9, 2019.

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Are you certain about that? Her last post there was June 2018. The "last active" stat doesn't tell us anything. Even here...her last post was October 2018... then by some turn of events her account updated to "last seen" in January 2019... yet notably silent (no posts/updates).

Please show us her post from March 9, 2019.
Last active means she logged in and I said her last active time was on 2019, March the 9th. Her last post dates back to 2018, June the 9th.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Comodo firewall with either the block untrusted files settings like in above video or cruelsisters run rejected the file wont even run

But if you use proactive settings, just turn hips off and let the files run in containment, is there a risk the malware possible could escape the container somehow? Wich makes the insta block / run rejected more powerfull

I have watched some qihoo sandbox videos where the ransomware is run in sandbox and it escapes the sandbox

Such a simple insta block/reject rule can make MAJOR difference in protection

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Comodo firewall with either the block untrusted files settings like in above video or cruelsisters run rejected the file wont even run

But if you use proactive settings, just turn hips off and let the files run in containment, is there a risk the malware possible could escape the container somehow? Wich makes the insta block / run rejected more powerfull

I have watched some qihoo sandbox videos where the ransomware is run in sandbox and it escapes the sandbox

Such a simple insta block/reject rule can make MAJOR difference in protection
A malware running inside the containment should not be able to escape... but why take the risk? If you block it, you are done. Plus, you could achieve the same protection level with the AV only, you don't need to install the FW (which is the module to cause more troubles on Windows 10)

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
are any of this files malware????unknown yes.....but malware???????
I suppose since the title.. But we can't know. Nevertheless, results would have been the same. The only two cases I can guess could bypass Comodo with this configuration or CS configuration are:
  • Target a vulnerability in Comodo
  • Use a compromised legit file signed by a Trusted Vendor (like CCleaner case back in the day*)
*this is an exceptional case, since if this takes place, Comodo wouldn't be the only one to fail detecting it, it would be a massive industry fail.

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Can anyone post screenshots of those specific tweaks which has been used in this video to block all ransomwares? thanks. As far as I know those specific tweaks are differ from cruelsister's tweaks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave Russo and dJim

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Comodo Firewall 11 brief malware test against Ransomware samples. Tested in Proactive mode configuration with a few tweaks to block all unknown file requests. No malware was allowed to run

You only tested that ACL set on folders by CFW does what it supposed to do (it is a Windows protection mechanism). You can also set this manually and get the same results when trying to execute a program from such a folder :ROFLMAO:

Example added an ACL - DENY "traverse folder/deny execute" on my Downloads folder for EVERYONE

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
On Comodo Forums she was last active on March the 9th. I think she just stopped making videos about security products
Last thing I know is that she acquired a very well paid (freelance) job which would keep her of the radar for at least six months (non disclosure in her contract). So I start worrying when she does not pop up again in October/November.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.