Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
I was just installing Comodo Firewall for an upcoming video and noticed two things that were different during the initial setup:

1). Under Customize setup Geek buddy is checked again, but Chromodo remains unchecked.
2). Also it seems there is no more using Comodo's DNS (not that I did anyway) as that option isn't there anymore.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
I was just installing Comodo Firewall for an upcoming video and noticed two things that were different during the initial setup:

1). Under Customize setup Geek buddy is checked again, but Chromodo remains unchecked.
2). Also it seems there is no more using Comodo's DNS (not that I did anyway) as that option isn't there anymore.

Hmmm I installed a few days ago, and Geek Buddy was NOT checked. I can't remember if I saw secure DNS option or not.

Reactions: Kuttz

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
I noticed that too, it seems they cant make their minds up!

H

hjlbx

COMODO ain't ever gonna give up on installing Geek Buddy. It is their brand of "scareware" to nudge people into contacting COMODO and then technician sells a bunch of stuff to user.

Geek Buddy => $$$ => COMODO

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.