Comodo Firewall + Qihoo360 TS or Comodo Cloud Antivirus + Voodooshield

T

The paranoid one

Thread author
Hi MT friends :)

I am currently using a free combo consisting of Comodo Firewall and Qihoo 360, but lately, I am thinking of using Comodo Cloud Antivirus with Voodooshield.

Although I am paranoid, I do not like HIPS, in fact, it´s is disabled in my configuration, as well, I like more Voodooshield in Autopilot mode

My decision will be based on terms of protection and interaction with my computer, I want the best protection with the least "effort" on my part, I do not want a hundred thousand actions (In batch, for example in an installation) because I know that in the end, I will accept everything for boredom

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: frogboy

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
I do not consider Qihoo an AV, just look at the tests in MH, almost always the system is infected. I would use CIS, which is complete and will protect against 0 day malware.

Reactions: The paranoid one
D

Deleted member 65228

Thread author
I do not want a hundred thousand actions at any moment because I know that in the end, I will accept everything for boredom
If you will allow things to run aimlessly then nothing will be good enough, and the point of VoodooShield is to be anti-executable (to use it correctly you should not just accept without trusting).

Since Avast are a big company and have a huge white-list, you might be interested in using Avast for the hardened mode; it will block unknown programs. However, if you are fixed on choosing only out of the combinations you mentioned, I would say Comodo + VoodooShield since Comodo brings zero-day malware protection in its dynamic capabilities (HIPS, Sandbox) and VoodooShield is a good anti-executable.

T

The paranoid one

Thread author
If you will allow things to run aimlessly then nothing will be good enough, and the point of VoodooShield is to be anti-executable (to use it correctly you should not just accept without trusting).

Since Avast are a big company and have a huge white-list, you might be interested in using Avast for the hardened mode; it will block unknown programs. However, if you are fixed on choosing only out of the combinations you mentioned, I would say Comodo + VoodooShield since Comodo brings zero-day malware protection in its dynamic capabilities (HIPS, Sandbox) and VoodooShield is a good anti-executable.

You made me see that I had explained wrong, thank you, :) now I have edited my message " My decision will be based on terms of protection and interaction with my computer, I want the best protection with the least "effort" on my part, I do not want a hundred thousand actions (In batch, for example in an installation) because I know that in the end, I will accept everything for boredom"

It's a good point the info you tell me about Avast, But even in a clean installation, Avast causes BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) on my system, Karpersky free causes conflicts in my computer in Thunderbird, so I have searched for a good and light free AV

However, the AV, with Comodo Firewall (Cruelsister settings) will only help with the detteción and to make less work to Sandbox

Thanks for your tips

D

Deleted member 65228

Thread author
Avast causes BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) on my system
Do you remember what the error was for and which driver it was reportedly from on the BSOD screen? I suggest that you contact the Avast support team and query about it, because then they could use any crash dumps to resolve the issue and help other people who may have already/will in the future experience the same issue.

Karpersky free causes conflicts in my computer in Thunderbird
Did you try to white-list Thunderbird for everything and then see if the issue was resolved? If not, should you ever go back to Kaspersky, try doing this.

T

The paranoid one

Thread author
I do not consider Qihoo an AV, just look at the tests in MH, almost always the system is infected. I would use CIS, which is complete and will protect against 0 day malware.
Qihoo is an AV, in fact, IMO, is a very good AV, it has a lot of add-ons (most of them being unnecessary). it can works from 3 to 5 engines, but its privacy policy is very aggressive, saying it gently, but having said all this, I consider Qihoo very good free AV

Only set Comodo Firewall with some advance settings.No need of AV or Voodooshield.It works as a default deny.
Yes, I have it, but I want/need have an AV. I want to have another possibility, if one day my firewall fails, then I would have nothing. That's why I need a travel partner
Thanks for your tips

T

The paranoid one

Thread author
Do you remember what the error was for and which driver it was reportedly from on the BSOD screen? I suggest that you contact the Avast support team and query about it, because then they could use any crash dumps to resolve the issue and help other people who may have already/will in the future experience the same issue.

Did you try to white-list Thunderbird for everything and then see if the issue was resolved? If not, should you ever go back to Kaspersky, try doing this.

Hmmm ... no and no :oops:

But you just provoked me a double temptation. I know that the problem of Karspesky was caused by the certificates of Gmail. I think I remember Karpesky replacing them, but do not believe me at all, I do not remember it well. As for Avast, the BSOD always came after the first system reboot, but I do not remember the error code.

Thanks again

D

Deleted member 65228

Thread author
As for Avast, the BSOD always came after the first system reboot, but I do not remember the error code.
The issue may have been reported by someone else and have been fixed by now. How long ago did you last try using Avast? If you are interested in Avast then you could re-try using it and if the issue occurs, note down any details you can and submit them with the crash dump to the support team to resolve. They have a large team of experienced developers, I doubt the patch would take long.

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Qihoo is an AV, in fact, IMO, is a very good AV, it has a lot of add-ons (most of them being unnecessary). it can works from 3 to 5 engines, but its privacy policy is very aggressive, saying it gently, but having said all this, I consider Qihoo very good free AV
[/ QUOTE]

Qihoo is not focused on security, but it's your information to sell to third parties, your reputation is horrible, plus cheating tests, so I said I do not consider an AV, the engines are not theirs, are from Avira and Bitdefender, which Can only be used for on-demand scanning and not in real time, and its own engine is very bad, look at the MH and see the tests, 99% infected, is a joke.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Once you have Voodooshield, you gain nothing from Comodo Cloud. Why? Because you already have a very effective default/deny. And the AV component of Comodo Cloud is a joke.
That's why CFW+Qihoo is a better choice. Qihoo may not be the best, but it is not the worst. Whereas Comodo Cloud is getting close to the worst, in the AV aspect. If things have changed recently, I would be happy to hear.

T

The paranoid one

Thread author
@Claudiano thank you for your intention, I know you wanted to help, but seriously, you're wrong.
Qihoo has 3 own engines to protect your computer: one dedicated to system repair, the Cloud and a third that is AI.
It also has two third party engines, in case you want to activate them, it seems like very good news. There are lots of antiviruses, free and paid, which are using Bitdefender engines and a few others from Avira. It's an option, I have them disabled, but whatever options are for improvement, I find it perfect.
It is not the best free antivirus, but it is good. In MH Avast free does a great job, but they are testing very few free antivirus to be able to compare.
Once again thanks for your comments

Once you have Voodooshield, you gain nothing from Comodo Cloud. Why? Because you already have a very effective default/deny. And the AV component of Comodo Cloud is a joke.
That's why CFW+Qihoo is a better choice. Qihoo may not be the best, but it is not the worst. Whereas Comodo Cloud is getting close to the worst, in the AV aspect. If things have changed recently, I would be happy to hear.
Thank you very much for your answer, learning a lot from it

Reactions: Faybert and shmu26

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
@Claudiano thank you for your intention, I know you wanted to help, but seriously, you're wrong.
Qihoo has 3 own engines to protect your computer: one dedicated to system repair, the Cloud and a third that is AI.
It also has two third party engines, in case you want to activate them, it seems like very good news. There are lots of antiviruses, free and paid, which are using Bitdefender engines and a few others from Avira. It's an option, I have them disabled, but whatever options are for improvement, I find it perfect.
It is not the best free antivirus, but it is good. In MH Avast free does a great job, but they are testing very few free antivirus to be able to compare.
Once again thanks for your comments

Thank you very much for your answer, learning a lot from it
Quiet, we have different points of view, if you like Qihoo, okay, each one each, I do not agree with your opinion about Qihoo, but respect. :)

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Avast causes BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) on my system
avast does not fully compatible with CF because they both use virtualization => conflict
in order to avoid conflict between avast and CF, something needs to be done:
1/ disable virtualization
Capture.PNG

2/ add comodo folder to exclusion
2.PNG

3/ exclude shellcode injection of avast in comodo
1.PNG

4/ (optional) add comodo folder to Avast's behavior shield exclusion
I don't install behavior shield so I can't demonstrate this step

I have not had any BSOD since I did all these steps. I used to get some BSODs in the past with this combo. The most important step is number 1

Last edited:
T

The paranoid one

Thread author
avast does not fully compatible with CF because they both use virtualization => conflict
in order to avoid conflict between avast and CF, something needs to be done:
1/ disable virtualization
View attachment 165457

2/ add comodo folder to exclusion
View attachment 165458

3/ exclude shellcode injection of avast in comodo
View attachment 165459

4/ (optional) add comodo folder to Avast's behavior shield exclusion

I have not had any BSOD since I did all these steps. I used to get some BSODs in the past with this combo. The most important step is number 1
Wow! Thank you very much :) really you´re very kind
I´m doing now your steps

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Neither, Comodo Firewall is slow, glitchy, and garbage of a mess. You could use pretty much any of the other products listed. Voodooshield, 360, Windows Defender, ect. And they would all do better than it being combined with it. That's my opinion from experience with the product.

Reactions: ispx

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.