Battle Comodo Firewall with : CAV , Avast Free or Avira Free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
comdo IS, avast, or avira?
hmm..
1. COMODO IS with firewall too..
2. avast combine with comodo firewall
or,
3. avira with comodo firewall
what you choose ?
:p
tell about your reasons?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
RE: comdo IS, avast, or avira?

Well I would say Avast free and Comodo Firewall...avast becasue it is overall good and comodo firewall because i have heard that it is quite good

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
RE: comdo IS, avast, or avira?

I personally run the full CIS suite, but I would have no problems running (and have in the past) either Avira or Avast free with Comodo's firewall. Both Avira and Avast are very capable.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
CIS as a full suite , I don't like to have a lot of process running in the backround.CIS with CAV works like a unity so I think it's better.....
Comodo Firewall in the right hands it's an perfect protection tool..so what antivirus are you using has no real importance. :p

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I would use Avast with Comodo firewall, Simply because I prefer to be running under Avasts signatures then Comodo.

eXPerience

Level 1
Mar 7, 2011
Just a question, doesn't the sandbox of Avast interfere with the one in Comodo ? (Haven't used comodo anymore in quite a while so I'm curious)

eXp

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
eXPerience said:
Just a question, doesn't the sandbox of Avast interfere with the one in Comodo ? (Haven't used comodo anymore in quite a while so I'm curious)

eXp
Comodo's sandbox just automatically answers HIPS prompts based on the selected configuration, Avast's sandbox is a virtualisation sandbox, so they don't conflict.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
A couple of things are worth being mentioned:

• Avast's Behavior Guard and Defense+ might be too much, but you can install avast free antivirus without the BB (you still have avast's sandbox) if you want to.
  • Even if you don't install the AV part of Comodo, you still use their cloud technology: white/blacklisting and CIMA.
  • My system felt lighter when using Avast Free + Comodo Firewall compared to using the full CIS suite, but I used this setup some time ago, maybe the antivirus part in CIS is improved now.
  • CIS is extremely modular, disabling a module doesn't affect other modules, it doesn't "break" it.

So I've used Avast Free + Comodo Firewall because:

• System felt lighter
  • Avast had better detection than CAV in tests

Again, please note that I haven't used CAV recently, maybe it is improved. CAV recently received a Virus Bulletin award.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
MrXidus said:
I would use Avast with Comodo firewall, Simply because I prefer to be running under Avasts signatures then Comodo.

what you mean about this
Days since last infection 488 days..?
that is at under your post..

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
Dieselman said:
Keeping yourself virus free starts with your own brain. Your protection is second.

yes.. i agree with you dieselman :p
^^
even very great AV.. if i;m not doing well when online or download something still get infect (if AV not detect as well)

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
For less experienced people I'd recommend Avast free or Avira free, but for more experienced people I'd recommend CIS (which is CF and CA :p). It all depends, I think though CIS can get annoying for everyone with almost every action needing consent by default.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
But we are not talking about downloading malicious stuff. He specifically stated he could not download at all unless he turned off CIS. Does not matter anyways cause Comodo DNS servers are very poor at blocking malware related sites when compared to Norton DNS or ClearCloud DNS. Even languy99 stated this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.