Comodo IceDragon ver. 13.0 is now available for download!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Source: Comodo Forums

As the number of internet threats increases, users are faced with choosing a browser which fits both their security needs and meets their particular browsing necessities.

In an attempt to meet the different requirements of users we're happy to announce the release of the new Comodo IceDragon browser!!!

The browser is built on the Mozilla browser core and combines the basic functionalities of the original code with the Comodo security features.

In this first release we have included the basic security features such as Comodo Secure DNS ( only on wide-system ) and Site Inspector. The Site inspector functionality has been extended to allow users to scan a link in Site Inspector from the context menu.

Realizing the importance of social interactions through various social networks, the social media feature has been integrated in Comodo IceDragon allowing users to share links on several social networks.

IceDragon combines these features with a sleek interface, providing a seamless browsing experience.

KNOWN ISSUES

- The "Restore" button on windows XP is not also displayed when hovering the mouse cursor above it.
- Importing data from Comodo Dragon is not possible yet.
- Importing data from Mozilla Firefox is only available during the installation of Comodo IceDragon and may not work in some cases.
- Minor GUI issues.

BUG REPORTS:
----------------------------------------
Please use https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cid-b284.0/ to report your bugs. Our moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the devs.

DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS:
----------------------------------------
Setup for Windows XP 32-bit/64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit/64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit:

http://download.comodo.com/icedragon/icedragonsetup.exe
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Size: 26.1 MB (27,371,336 bytes)
MD5: 5236f89909b37aec926fea2e66ccd383
SHA1: 73cdb6279020a077904278aa3845aa19c59acc94

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Screenshots is avail. Thanks.

Edit: Typo

Are there any screenshots?

jota13

Level 2
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
This internet browser is cool. :)

But I can't use Comodo DNS only in this application...

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
NSG001 said:
I guess you are not installing this one :D
I'm awaiting test results first.

No, not Comodo software.

What test results?

Z

ZeroDay

I fail to see any reason to use this browser. I can already use Comodo Dns and site inspector with my current Firefox so why install it? It's just like installing exactly the same browser twice, it doesn't even come in a x64 version. Thank you for the share but I'll stick with Mozilla for now.

Z

ZeroDay

And it asks for and email address so you can get your 'Life time license' It's a webrowser wtf?

I

illumination

Im using it right now, and so far the only thing i have found an issue with, is firefox themes do not install correctly. It is smooth like firefox, and all my favorite plugins are working just fine with it. I think i have a new favorite!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Okay why couldn't have Comodo simply made extensions of these available for Firefox, because as far as I know Firefox doesn't have so-called Privacy issues like Chrome used to have.

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Earth said:
What test results?

Primarily the security aspects: Secure DNS/Site Inspector.
As it's the first release bugs will be expected ;)

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
ZeroDay said:
And it asks for and email address so you can get your 'Life time license' It's a webrowser wtf?

It's the standard Comodo free application registration. As the installer states, this is optional... :rolleyes:

Z

ZeroDay

It's still just Firefox, I don't understand the point in using this version. There's only 2 extra features both of which are freely available without installing this browser. I could understand if it offered real extra security over the normal Firefox but that simply isn't the case. It just seems to me like Comodo have just took Firefox, renamed it and released it as their own.

Anyway that's my opinion on this browser, I don't see any need to choose it over Mozilla Firefox.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Now we wait for Comodo Cloud for Firefox.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
No ones posted a screenshot so I installed it myself and took one.

70736450.png

Needs more work done on it. GUI touch up especially. Nav bar is too fat reducing page space. Waiting to see what future versions offer. :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
The logo of it looks quite good in my opinion, but will it be another Comodo usual product, where it leaves stuff on the system after un-install.

I

illumination

McLovin said:
but will it be another Comodo usual product, where it leaves stuff on the system after un-install.

Im not defending Comodo by any means with this, but when was the last time you uninstalled firefox, or any other browser, as they all leave left over's on your system. I did take Ice Dragon for a test drive, but uninstalled it, as i feel it is interesting, but not to the point of replacing the original.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
thewolfsmith72 said:
but when was the last time you uninstalled firefox, or any other browser, as they all leave left over's on your system.

Well Chrome was a couple of months ago. I see where your going but when you use stuff live Revo to uninstall Firefox and Chrome (the only other browsers I've used apart from IE) Revo removed it, but with Comodo, hmm well it left stuff behind, but when I used their removal tool that seemed to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.