Status
Not open for further replies.

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
Comodo proving yet again it's being run by incompetent people. They just bloody can't develop and test their stuff properly. Not really surprising if you're developing an app for basically 1 full year and manage to release 2 BETA versions in the entire time. CIS 8.4 had unsigned drivers for several weeks if not months before they finalyl decided to fix that nonsense. And now, fast forward to CIS10 release and right on release, it has the same retarded signed driver issues. Call me unsurprised...

CIS10FAIL_zps47d2rcu9.png

D

Deleted member 2913

RejZoR,

I think I read the driver prob in the beta thread on Comodo forums.
I have tried beta 2 few times on Win 10 64 Pro But didn't get driver prob.

I haven't tried the stable yet.

Janl1992l

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Comodo proving yet again it's being run by incompetent people. They just bloody can't develop and test their stuff properly. Not really surprising if you're developing an app for basically 1 full year and manage to release 2 BETA versions in the entire time. CIS 8.4 had unsigned drivers for several weeks if not months before they finalyl decided to fix that nonsense. And now, fast forward to CIS10 release and right on release, it has the same retarded signed driver issues. Call me unsurprised...

Well, thats one problem. Just report it instead of bashing comodo every time? in fact this release is realy, realy stable. i had not any problems with the betas and i have tested it hard times. u just seems to not like comodo thats no reason to write all the time just nonsense. Every vendor has bugs and problems.

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
Well, thats one problem. Just report it instead of bashing comodo every time? in fact this release is realy, realy stable. i had not any problems with the betas and i have tested it hard times. u just seems to not like comodo thats no reason to write all the time just nonsense. Every vendor has bugs and problems.

Report it for what? To get banned for the 4th time because my constructive criticism would hurt their fragile feelings? Please...

Every vendor has problems, but they don't have the kind of problems where drivers fail to load because they aren't signed the way Microsoft wants them to be signed. Somehow every other security company manages to do that, except Comodo. But yeah, I'm just bashing it because I don't like Comodo. Or is it because they are ignorant fools. Your decision. I already know the answer. I'm basically just running it to see what all they haven't fixed since the last beta from months ago...

D

Deleted member 2913

Is it possible to check in package the driver is unsigned?
A user mentioned on Comodo forums drivers are signed.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Just checking

If you have CFW (or CIS) it has a Sandbox. Then if you install CCAV it also has a Sandbox. So must disable one to work or leave both to work?

Reactions: AtlBo
W

Wave

CIS 8.4 had unsigned drivers for several weeks if not months before they finalyl decided to fix that nonsense.
You're right, it is complete nonsense - a company that actually provides code signing authentication which supports kernel-mode signing (e.g. device drivers (*.sys)) are unable to sign their own device drivers before deploying the software... Hmm...

Assuming they are developing with Visual Studio via WDK all they need to do is choose the production certificate from the project configuration settings... Then it's all done automatically for each new build. So it's quite ridiculous they can't do this and it just makes me wonder how they tested it on another system?

Maybe they have Test Mode enabled on the development machines... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.