Battle Comodo Internet Security 10 vs Avast Antivirus with Comodo Firewall

W

Wave

Avast Antivirus + Comodo Firewall.

The reason behind this suggestion is simply down to my personal preference, however I believe that Avast have a much better detection over malicious software than Comodo most of the time - of course it's impossible to say if one is definitely better than the other since Comodo may detect samples that Avast could miss - and Comodo Firewall will allow you to make use of the auto-sandbox mechanisms to help keep you secure; the Comodo HIPS is also preferred in my eyes over the Avast one.

However, Avast have a better detection (statically for example) in my mind, and I like the Avast web protection, therefore I have to suggest Avast for the Anti-Virus component over Comodo. :)

At the end of the day, try out both configurations and decide which one you feel most comfortable with using, you are the best person to decide which one should be used. ;)

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
As Avast has better signatures and a web protection module,as mentioned by Wave above,I`d go for Avast.

Then again any AV would do as Comodo firewall is good enough to look after your system on it`s own once properly configured.

Check out all the great advice on configuring Comodo here at MalwareTips......there`s loads.;)

Regards Eck:)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I think Avast AV with Comodo Firewall blends very well.

Why? Because you have core protection from Avast + Hardening Mode to aggressive + Autosandbox mechanism + HIPS if you enable = solid protection basis.

The only downside where a user should understand clearly the information from pop-ups.

DC47561

Level 3
Verified
Feb 3, 2017
Another vote for Avast with Comodo firewall. One program is very likely to catch items that the other misses. Especially if you have both of them in hardened / proactive / un-trusted mode.

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
From personal testing, Comodo AV module is pretty atrocious. It relies mostly on the firewall/hips/sandboxing for protection. Which isn't a bad thing, but it definitely lacks in the malware department. So why not just go with Avast which offers good protection with the best aspect of Comodo which is its firewall. I don't run Comodo anymore due to system impact, but it does offer solid protection.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.