show-Zi

Level 36
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Hi All,

We are pleased to announce release of Comodo Internet Security 2019 (v12.0.0.6810).

Here are the details:

Online Setup Details:
Comodo Internet Security Premium

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/7000/standalone/cispremium_installer.exe
Size: 5.4M ( 5625008 )
MD5: 2e3725f430ceb17ffe2d1dc57dcb111f
SHA1: 573e0ecf0f6271ca246d011408dda1c901155fa8

Comodo Antivirus
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/7000/standalone/cav_installer.exe
MD5: e04863bd4449b4b74d51a0c796097ff7
SHA1: bf21545139b1aac0189526900adf9de1d470062c

Comodo Firewall
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/7000/standalone/cmd_fw_installer.exe
MD5: c52d38a3b0c73cc83b0df46592922182
SHA1: 0be52fb89929ec99fe52c9d39de14bf2b6cb2366

Offline Setup Details:
Comodo Internet Security Premium (Firewall and Antivirus only)

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/1000/standalone/cispremium_only_installer.exe
Size: 75M ( 78003200 )
MD5: 7b10e8f31ad946b77c895c568d7fd972
SHA1: f7e95d895343856484a129a7ea20e32d23156150

New for CIS 2019:
- Full Microsoft Redstone 5 Support.
- Long path and case sensitive filenames support.
- ELAM protection.
- Extended Containment Rule "Created By" criteria with "Rating" attribute.
- Extended sanbox rules with a vendor as a criteria.
- Extended Vendor List with User rating.
- "Heuristic Command-Line Analysis" and "Embedded Code Detection" for scanning and monitoring of auto-run entries.
- Powershell_ise analysis support.
- Option to automatically scan plugged-in devices.
- Simplified installation.
- First network zone detection is performed in background.
- Widget is hidden by default but can be changed with an install setting available through the Options button.
- Updated AV engine.
- Overall performance and stability improvements.
- WDSC integration performance and stability improvements.

Fixes:
- Fixed extended OS boot time in some cases.
- Fixed defect where full scan fails in some rare cases.
- Unrecognized file does not launch in Sandbox second time after first viruscope detection.
- Defect where 'Cmdagent.exe' consumes 40-50 % CPU constantly in some cases.
- Rules for Website Filtering can't be added if all rules was deleted.
- Uninstall of CIS Premium is periodically failed.
- cmdagent.exe unexpectedly terminates in some rare cases.
- Defect where cmdagent.exe unexpectedly terminates after install CIS with Secure Shopping on XP.
- Sandboxed .bat scripts are displayed as cmd in active processes list.
- Containment resetting process takes a long time in some cases.
- Not able to play videos in Facebook inside sandboxed Opera.
- BSOD when playing Freeridesgames games

- This release has be rolled out for new users. We shall be rolling out updates for existing users over the next few weeks.

Thanks,
Vladimir
« Last Edit: Today at 07:23:06 AM by Shane »

Comodo Internet Security 2019 (v12.0.0.6810) – Released

My knowledge does not understand the difference between v10 and later. But this new v12 seems to be unable to remove the vendor specified by comodo.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I just downloaded Comodo"s Firewall,and have it with Windows defender and voodoshield,can anyone advise me if this is a good team?
According to how you use it, but if you use as default, it goes with the HIPS activated in that case you do not need Voodoshield. and if you use it with the Cs / configuration, you do not need it either.

show-Zi

Level 36
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
True, was unable to delete them in the beta stage, that is realy frustrating and i do not know why comodo would make a decision like that.
What I came up with is the possibility that they are the vendors that are trading with comodo. The names of strangers are lined up.
Comodo trusts those companies on your behalf. Very kind but I would like to make my own choice:unsure:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I just downloaded Comodo"s Firewall,and have it with Windows defender and voodoshield,can anyone advise me if this is a good team?
The other posters are right that it is an overkill setup, but I wanted to add that you could use Comodo as firewall only, and then it would make sense. Disable HIPS and Autocontainment, and leave firewall enabled. Then you have a good, paranoid setup.

boutthatlife

Level 1
Verified
Mar 15, 2019
I installed comodo a couple of weeks ago so the app is very new to me. Yesterday its agent crashed and the app wouldn't load at all but I figured it was because it found a rootkit.

Anyhow, I had no idea there was an update until I saw this thread so thanks!

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I installed comodo a couple of weeks ago so the app is very new to me. Yesterday its agent crashed and the app wouldn't load at all but I figured it was because it found a rootkit.

Anyhow, I had no idea there was an update until I saw this thread so thanks!
Comodo doesn't need to find a rootkit in order to crash. It is very capable of that all on its own. :)

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Is this Comodo v12 Stable?

Are there any KNOWN issues?
Same crap, different toilette.

I installed it wishing it was stable now. It still can't handle Windows Firewall turning on and off while installed. Getting alerts I have no firewall installed, then have two, then have one... Besides that, widget sometimes gets stuck and won't dissapear, will remain on top of other full-screen apps.. Besides that, works pretty much as the previous version.

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
I'm using the antivirus only (no firewall) and I find it very stable

EDIT
Here the reason why I don't think the FW module is needed:

Last edited:

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
This is why I am using CCAV with CFW, no high CPU usage and with CCAV any Auto-Sandboxed processes cannot gain access to the internet. On top of this as well it's very light on the system compared to other Internet Security suites. Mines just a pseudo Internet Suite xD

~LDogg

Reactions: show-Zi and dJim

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
This is why I am using CCAV with CFW, no high CPU usage and with CCAV any Auto-Sandboxed processes cannot gain access to the internet. On top of this as well it's very light on the system compared to other Internet Security suites. Mines just a pseudo Internet Suite xD

~LDogg
Glad to hear it works for you. But I wouldn't recommend that combo to others, because you have double autocontainment, and that sounds to me like double trouble. Please correct me if I am wrong, but it just doesn't sound like a good idea.

You said: "CCAV any Auto-Sandboxed processes cannot gain access to the internet." Can you please share your settings? I heard from others that this is not so at default settings. Again, please correct me if I am wrong.

I have had only bad experiences with CCAV, so I have not tried it out in a while.

Reactions: show-Zi

dJim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
While you can use the AV for contaiment + av the firewall can be used with hips + firewall a perfect combo.

Reactions: show-Zi

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Glad to hear it works for you. But I wouldn't recommend that combo to others, because you have double autocontainment, and that sounds to me like double trouble. Please correct me if I am wrong, but it just doesn't sound like a good idea.

You said: "CCAV any Auto-Sandboxed processes cannot gain access to the internet." Can you please share your settings? I heard from others that this is not so at default settings. Again, please correct me if I am wrong.

I have had only bad experiences with CCAV, so I have not tried it out in a while.
1. Within CFW Auto-Containment is turned off, so CCAV only deal with Sandboxed processes. So no conflict would ever happen, so no double trouble :p
2. This is not at default settings and something that needs to be a recommendation for users to have if they trying CCAV.
Screenshot for CCAV sandboxed processes in containment: Screenshot
Screenshot for CFW Auto-Sandbox turned off: Screenshot
3. Hope this helps.

~LDogg

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.