Comodo Internet Security 6 final release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowave

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Aug 10, 2012
CIS 6 is the fastest and the least resource intensive product we have released so far. Real-time responsiveness of the PCs improved significantly. Manual scans are now less resource intensive. Second scan speed improvements are dramatic.
2ikfmd.png

Completely redesigned touch friendly and task oriented user interface
The new user interface is designed from scratch to make CIS as user friendly as possible. While we kept a lot of advanced settings for the advanced users, novice users will find it very easy to use now.
NEW! COMODO Cleaning Essentials and Killswitch are now parts of CIS
IMPROVED! Dramatically improved sandbox and virtualization
Virtualization has been improved significantly so that more applications are now able to run inside sandbox.
New sandbox allowed us to implement a whole new desktop with its own application ecosystem: Virtual Kiosk.
We have also introduced automatic virtualization of unknown applications for advanced users.

Today was release Comodo Internet Security 6 (2013) final version and you can downloaded from link bellow
Download from here: http://downloads.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/2000/standalone/cispremium_installer.exe

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
CIS Beta users, have the bugs been ironed out?

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
It is not officially released until tomorrow- https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/comodo-internet-security-602607392674-final-released-tomorrow-t89153.0.html

Thanks.:D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Good find Littlebits.

http://friends.comodo.com/

Even if it's not Final, thanks for the news Terene.

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Release notes:
http://downloads.comodo.com/cis/download/updates/release/inis_2000/release_notes.html

D

Deleted member 178

until the UI is redone in a more professional and functional way , i will not use it.

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
^^exactly! why in the world did they have to change the v5 UI?i don`t like to UI, i don`t like the colors..jeez!it`s better than v5 but waaaaaay less attractive...

I

illumination

A lot of good points were brought up in the other thread about companies, and their dealings with business. So against what i have said in that thread, im giving this a try, couldn't help myself. Right now, i have not had any issues with this release, everything seems to be working smooth.

I

illumination

I have been playing with it for a few hours now, and all i can say is, im impressed!

Z

ZeroDay

woodrowbone said:
Anyone know if it will auto update the 5 version?

/W
When dealing with different versions it's always best to uninstall the old product and then install the new.

I

illumination

ZeroDay said:
woodrowbone said:
Anyone know if it will auto update the 5 version?

/W
When dealing with different versions it's always best to uninstall the old product and then install the new.

I have to agree, i have always done fresh installs with major releases, especially this big of a change.

VectorFool

Verified
Dec 17, 2012
Comodo Virtual Kiosk doesn't load on my PC
it loaded the first time (after install)
but later after the restart it just shows "virtual Kiosk is loading"
they didn't fix the issue completely

I

illumination

VectorFool said:
Comodo Virtual Kiosk doesn't load on my PC
it loaded the first time (after install)
but later after the restart it just shows "virtual Kiosk is loading"
they didn't fix the issue completely

The first time i opened Kiosk, it took a little over 10 seconds to open, after that, it is almost instantly. I started and stopped Kiosk several times with no problems, rebooted and tried again with same results.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
COMODO Internet Security 2013 v 6.0.260739.2674 released

NEW! Completely redesigned touch friendly and task oriented user interface.
The new user interface is designed from scratch to make CIS as user friendly as possible. While we kept a lot of advanced settings for the advanced users, novice users will find it very easy to use now.

View Announcement , Download & Notes

Spoiler : Summary

What's New:
  • Desktop Widget
  • Tasks Manager
  • Customizable Task Bar
  • Drag&Drop area to Sandbox and Scan Files
  • Sound effects are used in alert windows to draw users' attention
  • Offline virus database update functionality (Import Virus Database feature)
  • File Rating Scan functionality
  • Rescue Disk feature
  • Virtual shortcuts
  • Shared Space between real and virtualized environments
  • Reboot reminder alerts in multiple places
  • Diagnostics being able to download missing files from the Internet
  • Keyboard shortcuts support

What's Integrated:
  • COMODO Autorun Analyzer
  • COMODO Cleaning Essentials
  • Virtual Kiosk
  • COMODO KillSwitch

What's Improved:
  • Dramatically improved sandbox and virtualization.
  • Lightest and fastest CIS so far!

Enjoy! :D

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
well i like the new version its good but its more confusing to acess your setting like before well if i didn't see a video i wouldn't know that i have to click on task to acess settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.