COMODO Internet Security/Antivirus/Firewall 8.0.0.4344 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yigido

Thread author
COMODO Internet Security/Antivirus/Firewall 8.0.0.4344 Released!

What's new in 8.0.0.4344?

New

New file group "File Archivers"
  • Accessible in ASE -> File Rating -> File Group

Updated Auto-Sandbox rule to sandbox
  • "Run Virtual" files extracted from archives downloaded from Internet

Fixed
Several critical bugs fixes. Here are a selected few
  • New Dragon 36.1.1 crashes if CIS installed
  • Accidental crash of cmdAgent service
  • Trusted executable file can be replaced with Unknown executable file
  • VT_ROOT is not deleted during Sandbox Reset after launch some malware

Download Location

Comodo Internet Security

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/4000/standalone/cispremium_installer.exe
Size: 216M ( 226075384 )
MD5: 9bb42331a34825bcd9a15f853f91204b
SHA1: b857464c1616ce4c3482d55e7427aa453e9dfd50

Comodo Antivirus

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/4000/standalone/cav_installer.exe
Size: 216M ( 226075376 )
MD5: d7f6f1a17283c8b5bd0d9870d7a85a70
SHA1: 5e1ec2d3864e246f6db174eb4945f5c6b56a28da

Comodo Firewall

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/4000/standalone/cfw_installer.exe
Size: 216M ( 226075376 )
MD5: 6a1054c2f7b89fa2af4aa4f8f337b32c
SHA1: 43fd72f87a1cbdd3ace89918772e8d8d702f1239

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Wow, 38 million signatures, or was you just joking? Kaspersky has less than 8 million.

Y

yigido

Thread author
Wow, 38 million signatures, or was you just joking? Kaspersky has less than 8 million.

these are painful facts!
7hSJE9z.png

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I am dumb founded. I cannot believe Comodo has more signatures than Kaspersky - they must have a lot of staff to process that amount!

Y

yigido

Thread author
I am dumb founded. I cannot believe Comodo has more signatures than Kaspersky - they must have a lot of staff to process that amount!
Kaspersky detections are generic signatures
Comodo need more generic signatures, so the number is not important. I prefer one generic signature to 1000 per-file signature.
We already had lamentations on this issue, their answer is always same "Our focus is not the AV, you can deal with malwares with D+ (Sandbox, HIPS, Viruscope) They maybe right but novice users still need a good detection rate for AV. I can even handle my PC without any AV, CFW is more than enough.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
That's very true, I think you need protection from all angles and not to just rely on Comodo's sandbox and D+. You must also have a top-notch AV which catches the malware, then the other protection can come in to play when malware gets past the AV.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
@Tony Cole If i remember correctly then Comodo made some automatic services to process all submissions, e.g. CAMAS, Valkyrie and maybe some other service too. They are doing great job in my opinion. :)

@yigido Thanks for the screenshot of statistics. 38+ million signatures is quite a big database.

Regards,
Kardo

Y

yigido

Thread author
That's very true, I think you need protection from all angles and not to just rely on Comodo's sandbox and D+. You must also have a top-notch AV which catches the malware, then the other protection can come in to play when malware gets past the AV.
So, you can combine with CFW with a free antivirus that has good detection rates.
But I do not like that way, I love complete suits like CIS. AV is not important for me :) I love playing with malware and I can run them in my PC. I cannot feel free to run malwares with other suits, even with Kaspersky. :)

Y

yigido

Thread author
@Tony Cole If i remember correctly then Comodo made some automatic services to process all submissions, e.g. CAMAS, Valkyrie and maybe some other service too. They are doing great job in my opinion. :)

@yigido Thanks for the screenshot of statistics. 38+ million signatures is quite a big database.

Regards,
Kardo
Yes, Kardo is right. CAMAS did automatic signatures when the analysis results are "Suspicious +/++" ;) They said Valkyrie is creates signatures too, but it is already dead for 3-4 months. :(

Reactions: Kardo Kristal

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I once used Comodo Pro, but that was a waste of money as you get nothing extra, apart from a $500 virus guarantee and virus removal

I wonder if Comodo will block the Destover Malware that attacked Sony, as the malware has a Sony digital signature and Sony is probably in Comodo's list of trusted vendors???

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

yigido

Thread author
do you have key of comodo is pro ?
No need. Comodo IS Premium ,which is free version, has no difference between paid Comodo Pro.
Premium version also has prevention and protection capabilities. Comodo makes money from Enterprises and gives this complete suite to its individual users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.