Advice Request Comodo Internet Security questions

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nestor

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 21, 2018
Hello, I am planning to install CIS and I wonder if I am going to face any problem-conflicts downloading windows updates.(with HIPS ON).I am using Windows 10 1803 version.
Also I want to ask if anyone used secure shopping and worth it.
Thank you in advance

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
CIS itself is a problem and creates havoc. Yes it blocks some windows updates in some cases.
What the need to go that far if you have better free options like Avg / Avast , Bit defender/ Kaspersky free
Ok as u wish if you can bear his noise and quarks . it is a LOCKDOWN of your system
Think twice before you choose him as it demands a lot of user input.

Nestor

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 21, 2018
CIS itself is a problem and creates havoc. Yes it blocks some windows updates in some cases.
What the need to go that far if you have better free options like Avg / Avast , Bit defender/ Kaspersky free
Ok as u wish if you can bear his noise and quarks . it is a LOCKDOWN of your system
Think twice before you choose him as it demands a lot of user input.
I don't care it's free or it's paid, i like the idea of sandboxing an unknown app, increasing the level of protection to the limit,my only concern is to run Windows fluently.

Last edited:

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I use Commodo Firewall with Windows Defender and just last night it blocked some virus definition updates but other than that no big update problems that I am aware of. My machine is running fine on 1803. Can't comment on CIS itself but I don't see a lot of love for it on this forum. WindowsDefender is already on your machine, and you can easily harden it with @Andy Ful's ConfigureDefender application. Very simple to use. You can get shopping security via extensions, etc. Otherwise, I would consider @Mahesh Sudula's advice.

Nestor

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 21, 2018
I use Commodo Firewall with Windows Defender and just last night it blocked some virus definition updates but other than that no big update problems that I am aware of. My machine is running fine on 1803. Can't comment on CIS itself but I don't see a lot of love for it on this forum. WindowsDefender is already on your machine, and you can easily harden it with @Andy Ful's ConfigureDefender application. Very simple to use. You can get shopping security via extensions, etc. Otherwise, I would consider @Mahesh Sudula's advice.
That's a good combo.Crossed my mind to use WindowsDefender+VS but my only concern was Internet Banking-Shopping.I think it's more effective to use an isolated environment for banking and shopping rather than an extension for keyloggers etc.

Nestor

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 21, 2018
And it's also true that in this forum I also don't see anyone like CIS and just from curiosity I want to try it by myself and see the results, I hope this decision don't lead me to disaster :):)

D

Deleted member 178

And it's also true that in this forum I also don't see anyone like CIS
it is not that people doesn't like it, it is that more and more it goes down in term of quality, and is not worthy anymore except for some die-hard fans. I was one of them, made many articles here about CIS but Comodo managed to make me ditch it.

You have now better options than Comodo.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Some people like to bash Comodo, because it has a lot of bugs, and because the company pushes out new programs too early, before they are ready.
But if you would take a poll, you would be amazed how many members of this forum actually use Comodo Firewall, especially at CruelSister settings. The masses who use it have learned to ignore the complaining from the Comodo haters.

If you are looking for a free default/deny setup that isn't too hard to configure and use, you basically have two choices: CFW at CS settings, or VoodooShield. "Beggars can't be choosers."

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.