App Review Comodo Internet Security 2020

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Product name
Comodo Internet Security 2020 v12.2.2.8012
Installation (rating)
4.00 star(s)
User interface (rating)
4.00 star(s)
Accessibility notes
It is simple is good
Performance (rating)
4.00 star(s)
Core Protection (rating)
4.00 star(s)
Proactive protection (rating)
4.00 star(s)
Additional Protection notes
Is one excellent antimalware, antilogger, protect and prevent agaisnt ransomwares, spywares...
Browser protection (rating)
4.00 star(s)
Positives
    • Freeware
    • Low impact on system resources
    • Ransomware protection
    • Detects or blocks in the wild malware
    • Compatible with other anti-virus software
    • Accurate results and reliable antivirus engine
    • Effective malicious URL blocking
    • Virus signatures are updated daily
    • Excellent scores in independent tests
    • Effective malware removal
    • Well designed, clear and easy to use interface
    • Multi-layer protection approach
Negatives
    • Can be complex in some situations
Time spent using product
Recommended for
  1. All types of users
Overall rating
4.00 star(s)

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
@wasi00 you have Comodo KillSwitch installed, go to the view menu and select "View Sandbox Processes Only" like in this screenshot I've attached below. Now open notepad and observe if you load any processes in this window in Comodo KillSwitch. (y)

1671593155851.png

Reactions: simmerskool

wasi00

Level 1
Dec 18, 2022
ys i checked will kill switch as per your screenshot,, All programs that open in blue border are not sandboxed so i think Safe shoping options is active somewhere but i cannot find it in the app

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
Went back to Comodo Firewall only a few months ago and recently dropped it and moved on to Kaspersky Plus, with Hard Configurator at recommended settings. I've been checking the Comodo forum lately, and it's like a ghost town there. Not sure whether that means anything except maybe a lot of people are moving on from Comodo.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
ys i checked will kill switch as per your screenshot,, All programs that open in blue border are not sandboxed so i think Safe shoping options is active somewhere but i cannot find it in the app
It's under Settings >> Advanced Protection >> Secure Shopping where you can set websites to load in container or in secure shopping environment. And yes, blue border is Secure Shopping Secure Shopping help

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
So it is some bug, maybe. If you have just started using Comodo and are a newbie user and use CF(Comodo Firewall) and containment, I would not recommend you to use it. I have CIS with everything activated up to the hips, I use it even in paranoid mode with no problem, but it took me decades to learn how to handle them with Comodo, the learning curve for handling like CF is long. If you are going to use CF in proactive mode, and open the browser in contention, be prepared for the problems you will face.;)

wasi00

Level 1
Dec 18, 2022
So it is some bug, maybe. If you have just started using Comodo and are a newbie user and use CF(Comodo Firewall) and containment, I would not recommend you to use it. I have CIS with everything activated up to the hips, I use it even in paranoid mode with no problem, but it took me decades to learn how to handle them with Comodo, the learning curve for handling like CF is long. If you are going to use CF in proactive mode, and open the browser in contention, be prepared for the problems you will face.;)
I had used comodo before infact I am sure many many would have romance with comodo FW. People have love n hate kind of relation with it. I am using Wisevector StopX from last couple of years without any issue. For me it's perfect free option then most paid ones. Comodo + Wise vector = perfect combo. i dopped comodo b4 coz its heavy on system then i moved to webroot which was very light. then came WV which is my first choice now. just trying out it with comodo now. im sure only WV is enough but comdo with CS setting is pure love,..

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
I had used comodo before infact I am sure many many would have romance with comodo FW. People have love n hate kind of relation with it. I am using Wisevector StopX from last couple of years without any issue. For me it's perfect free option then most paid ones. Comodo + Wise vector = perfect combo. i dopped comodo b4 coz its heavy on system then i moved to webroot which was very light. then came WV which is my first choice now. just trying out it with comodo now. im sure only WV is enough but comdo with CS setting is pure love,..
WV+CF work wonderfully together. This week I tested this combo against 11 samples recently put in the Wild (no MAAS cones) consisting of 7 exe's, 3 various scripts, and 1 self-coded msi. WV took care of the executables and 1 of the scripts quickly, and CF contained the others to be dispatched with sandbox reset. The result satisfied.

wasi00

Level 1
Dec 18, 2022
WV+CF work wonderfully together. This week I tested this combo against 11 samples recently put in the Wild (no MAAS cones) consisting of 7 exe's, 3 various scripts, and 1 self-coded msi. WV took care of the executables and 1 of the scripts quickly, and CF contained the others to be dispatched with sandbox reset. The result satisfied.
do u have video for it? Your video about Megbiner vs comodo was awsum and a shut up call to all those who said comodo is dead. I am still waiting for some nasty ransomware to breach comdo FW with CS settings. Seems like no one will have guts to beach CS setting.

Reactions: ErzCrz

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
No offense, if you have used Comodo before, why are you worried that programs open with the blue border? If you use Comodo Firewall + Wisevector StopX don't worry about that, you are well protected. ;)

wasi00

Level 1
Dec 18, 2022
No offense, if you have used Comodo before, why are you worried that programs open with the blue border? If you use Comodo Firewall + Wisevector StopX don't worry about that, you are well protected. ;)
its not i m worried about security n safety. before there was option to disable secure shopping option which creates blue border outside browers etc but now there is no option for it and all apps r inside blue border, so my concern was what is making this blue border thing and is it same as secure shopping or something else.

Reactions: simmerskool

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
its not i m worried about security n safety. before there was option to disable secure shopping option which creates blue border outside browers etc but now there is no option for it and all apps r inside blue border, so my concern was what is making this blue border thing and is it same as secure shopping or something else.
I see that you are still bothered by the blue border in the apps outside your browser. If you use free CF, you have to take the risk if you encounter any bugs, or else contact comodo support and submit a ticket and report the related issue. There is a phrase that @oldschool always says: Remember to stay safe, not paranoid! ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.