Not open for further replies.

Kate_L

in memoriam
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Comodo is a little bugged, Qihoo IS is not really developed / supported anymore, Avast free ... I don't know I didn't use it in the last 100 years (since was version 4, I guess).

Any thoughts ?

Reactions: marg

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
@MikeV got right, because those tests from AVTEST or AVC are lame, only fools will fall on that. Yes, those 4 testers are best here on forum, and he forgot to mention @Malware Security and @MalwareDoctor.

Yes you have absolutely right, my mistake, i forgot these 2 great reviewers also, but still the 4 i mention above are the best for me.

sami sam

Level 1
Dec 14, 2011
There is no fair to compare :
because :
you mixed between antivirus with internet security program :
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1-comodo internet security ( antivirus + the best firewall ) NO1. firewall in the world .
2-qihoo internet security ( antivirus ) + windows firewall ) = meaning don't have dependent firewall !!!
3 avast free ( just antivirus )

-------------
but while you have two antivirus in this discusstion
the best antivirus : just antivirus
1- qihoo because:
have 4 engine for scan viruses (1- antivirus engines including 360 Cloud Engine / 2-QVMII /3- Avira /4- Bit defender )

and then you can ask for best firewall .

regards...

Reactions: kiric96

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
for me none of them, but my favorite is qihoo but....

1) if you are going to use qihoo, you must be online all the time in order to get the best cloud protection. why? well but i have seem on my testing that their bitdefender engine is not the same as the commercial version. I am saying this because for example i have a couple of samples that were not detected by bitdefender engine (talking about qihoo and of course it was offline) but THEY WERE ALREADY CATCHED in the commercial version of bitdefender (means BIS). of course these samples were 3 days old (actually bitdefender caught them a couple of hours since their first appearence). And for me as i am a student who is not always online and I HAVE TO use USB drives for everything i might be exposed to latest threats.

2) if your are not logged into an admin account you wont get protection (they know the issue, they said there would be a fix sooner, i am still waiting for it).

3) proactive defense consumes a lot of resources.
4) no protection for others browser except IE. (i know that TS proctects chrome) as an opera user... emm not protection at all

but for regular users is ok, no hassles settings, just install it and leave it. Also ads and crapware free!!!

COMODO:

1) you must be an experienced user, if not you will be lost.
2) yes, it blocks every program clean or not. (that is why you must be a pro user)
3) for every day usage is not recommended, for example, i am a programmer and some times i couldnt run my programs due to.
a) probably infected and sandboxed item.
4) i get lost with some settings

but, if you know how to use it, it may work just fine :D
PST: I love the firewall

AVAST

1) for my is very creepy that you are using youtube and suddenly an age restriction appear, AVAST pop up: you are not allowed to see this video, buy this XXX product and... Ok. Going to shop online... a pop up: try avast VPN and get protected.... Ok if you are using and AV to protect your computer from malware, why would you want that your AV is tracking your online activities.
2) I get lost with the settings. With this new version i have no idea where the settings for each thing is placed.
3) if you are a regular user who uses a computer for MS stuff and facebook of course you woul not have idea what is hardened mode, so with out this, avast detection rates sucks.
4) avast offers you a lot of crapware soft

but i like some features that for a free AV is awesome!!

For me
1) qihoo
2) comodo (if you are and experienced user)
3) avast

Last edited:

sami sam

Level 1
Dec 14, 2011
for me none of them, but my favorite is qihoo but....

1) if you are going to use qihoo, you must be online all the time in order to get the best cloud protection. why? well but i have seem on my testing that their bitdefender engine is not the same as the commercial version. I am saying this because for example i have a couple of samples that were not detected by bitdefender engine (talking about qihoo and of course it was offline) but THEY WERE ALREADY CATCHED in the commercial version of bitdefender (means BIS). of course these samples were 3 days old (actually bitdefender caught them a couple of hours since their first appearence). And for me as i am a student who is not always online and I HAVE TO use USB drives for everything i might be exposed to latest threats.

2) if your are not logged into an admin account you wont get protection (they know the issue, they said there would be a fix sooner, i am still waiting for it).

3) proactive defense consumes a lot of resources.

but for regular users is ok, no hassles settings, just install it and leave it. Also ads and crapware free!!!

COMODO:

1) you must be an experienced user, if not you will be lost.
2) yes, it blocks every program clean or not. (that is why you must be a pro user)
3) for every day usage is not recommended, for example, i am a programmer and some times i couldnt run my programs due to.
a) probably infected and sandboxed item.
4) i get lost with some settings

but, if you know how to use it, it may work just fine :D
PST: I love the firewall

AVAST

1) for my is very creepy that you are using youtube and suddenly an age restriction appear, AVAST pop up: you are not allowed to see this video, buy this XXX product and... Ok. Going to shop online... a pop up: try avast VPN and get protected.... Ok if you are using and AV to protect your computer from malware, why would you want that your AV is tracking your online activities.
2) I get lost with the settings. With this new version i have no idea where the settings for each thing is placed.
3) if you are a regular user who uses a computer for MS stuff and facebook of course you woul not have idea what is hardened mode, so with out this, avast detection rates sucks.
4) avast offers you a lot of crapware soft

but i like some features that for a free AV is awesome!!

For me
1) qihoo
2) comodo (if you are and experienced user)
3) avast

you gave all details required
I like your experience security info . :D

may be we will make group for professional users :D

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Among the three:
I would use 360 TS only when it becomes a stable product at a whole. IS will be abandoned soon as I know.
I have used Comodo for a while but it can mess up your system with its autosandbox while detection is not that good anymore as it used to be last year.

So, avast is a better choice. It can easily provide very good protection with hardened mode and its detection is acceptable. It's not exactly bug free but its usable if chrome launch time delay does not disturb you like me.
If just set hardened Mode to moderate it can provide better protection than many other AVs. I have tested KIS and Avast free with hardened mode, and avast stood very well against KIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.