Comodo official forum hacked by Instakilla hacker

military

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 13, 2012
When trying to enter the official forum of the anti-virus developer Comodo, a redirect to the Instakilla hacker’s website is triggered, where he advertises his services
Comodo official forum hacked by Instakilla hacker

At the time of publication (September 29, 10:24 GMT), when trying to access the forum using the link https://forums.comodo.com/ redirect to the site instakilla.com was triggered.

INSTAKILLA | Professional hacking service

A detailed report on the status of the forum is available on Virustotal .
Vendor Comodo is known for its free security solutions: the comprehensive antivirus Comodo Internet Security Premium and the Comodo Firewall. At one time, the developer was one of the leaders in the digital certification market, but in 2017 he sold his business SSL certificates .
Comodo has not yet commented on the situation. We will update the article as information becomes available.

From comss.ru using translator

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
I get how forums are a lower priority but a lot of users rely on it. There's also this question over there being a free version of the antivirus, firewall or internet security as everything links to paid on the main site at the moment. Anyway, that's another topic. Hopefully it'll be back up soon. It's been down all day.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Spell check tried to change 'Comodo' to 'Commode.'

1569791792345.png

This is a commode.

Anyway, I digress...

I didn't know about INSTAKILLA.

1569791976505.png

They provided a simple solution to my complex problem.

Thanks Commode........... er, uh, Comodo.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Commode owned. Trashed. Made to look ridiculous here.

It begs to question, were their servers hosted offsite by a third party? If so, then it could be understandable. If not? It looks even worse. It means they were not cautious. It means they were not diligent. They were asleep at the wheel. But then again, I never took Commode seriously (and never will).

[correlate]

Level 18
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2019
Comodo Forums Breached, Data of Over 170,000 Users Up for Grabs

Account data belonging to more than half of all Comodo Forums users has been stolen and is now traded online. The breach was possible by exploiting a vulnerability in the software that powers the forum.

Comodo today published a security notice informing users that an intruder may have gained access to the forums database.

"Very recently a new vulnerability in the vBulletin software, which is one of the most popular server applications for website comments including the Comodo Forums, was made public," the notification begins.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018

Kind of a harsh headline for The Commode.

According to the disclosure, Comodo said the hackers stole usernames...

I think somebody stole the username "Burrito."

Because it's so popular and all...

The nerve of them people.

And the answer to all this is right in front of them.

1569987136383.png

Yes, that's right. The answer is INSTAKILLA.

INSTAKILLA can fix it.

"Technical support... simple solutions... malware removal..."

It's all there.

Thank goodness they arrived offering to help at The Commode's time of need.

TechCrunch hacked as the result of an exploit...

Good thing I didn't create an account back in 2010. Wait. I was, like, 6 years old. Still running round with me jammies and whoopdeedooh bankie.

And again...

My, my, my, my, my... the kettle calling the pot black. Oh it's OK. It's TechCrunch's job to talk smack. The more smack, the higher the clicks. The higher the clicks, the greater the ad revenue.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.