Comodo selling data?

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hjlbx

Policies and Practices of the Comodo Companies - Privacy Statement

Policies and Practices of the Comodo Companies - Privacy Statement

Sharing

Comodo will share aggregated demographic and other information with our partners and affiliates. Information provided to Comodo will be protected by Comodo and not sold or rented to any unrelated third parties without the express consent of the information provider, except that Comodo may disclose data to its affiliates and business partners who have established similar privacy standards, when legally obligated to do so, or if disclosure is required to protect the rights over Comodo, Comodo's customers, or the users of Comodo's services. Comodo may also share aggregate demographic data that does not contain any personally identifiable information.

Read everything closely - and not just the EULA

The way I am reading the above, they can sell or rent data to any "related" third party - whatever that might be...

The privacy policy qualifies the selling and renting of user data with the word "unrelated"; it does not say "any third party" - which is what most people expect.

That being said, I'v used COMODO - both free and paid - and have never received an unsolicited 3rd-party e-mail, ad, etc. I did get one Geek Buddy pop-up to buy CIS and one COMODO e-mail notifying my CIS subscription was about to expire.

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Remember that information taken will be use for any different purpose with or without declare on privacy policy.

That is the reason why we have spam messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.