Comodo Tray Icon Disappearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankN209

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 30, 2016
As the title says, my tray icon keeps disappearing. When I boot up, after about 30m, I place my cursor over the tray icon and it leaves. The processes are still running in task manager. Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm running W10 64b
Comodo v8.2.0.5027

What other info would you need?

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
I periodically have this problem on my main PC when I use Comodo. And actually not only this problem, Comodo is reach in problems. I'm sorry I can't help here. I couldn't figure out why it happens and how to fix this problem.

Reactions: FrankN209
Y

yigido

It is a known problem. Possible bug.. I couldn't find it but there are reports on Comodo Forum about your problem. Do not worry, just cistray.exe is crashing.. all protection components are running even the tray icon missed.
EDIT....
Here is the bug report and Comodo employee's answer about the problem. Comodo knew the problem, I hope it will be solved in next major release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.